Have you used St. John's wort?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi!

Two ladies here wrote that they had good experience with this supplement. I was wondering if anyone else have used it and what were the benefits? Any side effects? And what form, how many mg, how often?

Thanks

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Flower

Never tried that but I did start taking evening primrose again 1000 MG and it's helping me sleep better smile

• Posted

St Johns Wort has nasty side effects apparently, I bought some to help my anxiety but after reading up on it I never took them
  • Posted

I took it and it took away all my symptoms away. I took 1 pill daily, not the 2 that was recommended. It gave me back my life, and I was able to start working again. I never got any side effects. My doctor recommended so I tried it. Wish I would have started sooner, but I'm happy I did take it. The only side effect is if you are high blood pressure medicine, then you simply can't take it. Otherwise, for me and considering I'm sensitive to a lot of things St. John's wort worked out great for me after trying and buying a ton of other vitamins, herbs, tincture, teas, prescribed medicine, and homemade concoctions St. John's wort worked the best to bring my brain function back and my anxiety to completely go away. Like I said I was able to go back to work after taking it for about a month.

• Posted

Btw, I bought whatever brand my grocer had under their label. So that if it didn't work I could complain it didn't work and get a refund. If I ever start getting the symptoms again I wouldn't hesitate one second in buying it again.

• Posted

O, this is so good to hear! Do you remember by any chance how many milligrams was it?
    • Posted

There wasn't a choice in mg. I called to ask it's 300 mg of the extract and 100 mg of flowers/herbs. So total was 400 mg.

• Posted

Hi Sochima822

I have joint and muscle pain, do you think St John's Wort would help with that also?

I started Turmeric almost a month now just one daily, haven't really noticed a change.

I don't want to take pain pills, just take IBU 800 when I really can't stand it.

• Posted

Tina, for joint pain I took calcium pills and glucosamine with chondroitin. Some people can also take it with MSM. By the time I started taking St. John's wort I didn't have joint pain.

• Posted

I've used it for depression, but jot much help, however, black cohosh is supposed to and has helped some with menopausal symptoms for me.Also OTC ESTROVEN. And therapy which I am getting into can help too. Xo

• Posted

I tried both bleach choose for 3 months and Estroven for 2 months didn't do a single thing. . Absolutely a waste of money.

• Posted

oops, edit button please! Black cohosh I mean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.