Haven't ate/drank anything in two days.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am so afraid of being poisoned by something like cyanide, I won't eat anything or drink anything. I have a history of severe anxiety, but this is very new. I feel like I am going to die and I don't know what to do anymore.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Dear Brandon, you really must seek help for your worries and fears as soon as you can, either phone your out of hours no.. or go to casualty as soon as you can, you will be ill if you carry on like this... please, please.Talk to someone now!!! Have you any family of friends that you can at least confide in,, do not leave this problem, you can and will be helped.... I

Wish you good luck, very warm regards to you,, please take care.... Deirdre xx

• Posted

The chances of cyanide are so remote as to not justify a response but not eating or drinking will cause kidney damage and then you will be ill .

suggest you have some boiled water 

• Posted

I just can't eat or drink anything anymore, I don't want to die a horrible death like that....
  • Posted

You must at least drink, start with water, then try weak juice and go see your Dr.
  • Posted

You have had brilliant advice but I'm concerned you are self harming  by placing your organs into danger for attention 

if you are worried about cyanide and don't want to die then why try to kill yourself in the most painful way imaginable, with possible long term serious illnesses 

• Posted

Just had a long sit down with my parents and cried a bit but I a drank some water and ate some food..
  • Posted

I'm just so afraid of poison...
    • Posted

Hello Brandon.

It amazes me the thoughts that anxiety puts into our minds and then has us believing and fearing them.

All you are feeling is anxiety. Even the thoughts you are thinking are a offshoot of anxiety,created by a tired and anxious mind.

I can assure you that you won't be poisoned. You got this far in life eating and drinking and you are still here...alive...fit and well.

Please don't be scared. Try and eat little and often. Even if it's just little bites of things to slowly train your mind that it's ok,there is nothing to fear.

Im so glad you have spoken to your mum and dad. You need lots of support right now.

Have you been under a bit more streets and pressure lately....exams..deadlines ...work maybe??? All these things can heighten our anxiety which can in turn trigger thoughts that frighten us. 

I would advise you to get a appointment to see your Gp or go to the hospital and ask to speak to the crisis team. Even if they explain to you how anxiety works...it can sometimes reassure us that things aren't so bad afte

• Posted

Dear Brandon, please go and see your GP as soon as you can, this mayBe an irrational fear but it is certainly affected you, your GP will help allthey can, you have to be able to open up to someone, I am glad that you talked to your parents.. don't give up you will get through this,, warm and sincere regards to you, take care, Deirdre xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.