Haven't felt myself or been able to workout for 8 months now.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been dealing with anxiety since January. It has since calmed down a lot but when it started I began to get PVCs. I have seen two cardiologists , had an echo done, 5 ekgs, and 2 stress tests. The doctors say I am fine. But I do not feel fine. The pvcs bring me a lot of anxiety and that is the reason I do not workout. I used to love working out. Working out is where I woukd release all my stress and anxiety but now all it does is bring on terrible anxiety due to pvcs. Any advice or comments will be appreciated!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I can definitely understand and feel your pain. I have the worst anxiety many psychologists have said they've ever seen and I also have MAJOR health anxiety and OCD. I have had issues with pain in my left chest, jaw and left arm which you can imagine would bring a lot of anxiety.. I have been to the ER over 10 times in a month with major panic attacks about my chest pain.. I received ECGS blood tests CT scans on my lungs to rule out a clot the list goes on and it all came back normal.. I still have pain majority of the day and it's so hard to accept that I am OK.. I read a story once on a girl who had the same tests done I had and then something was missed and she had a heart attack etc and then it'll bring up my anxiety again. 

Anxiety loves fear and makes us a lot more sensitive to noticing physical sensations and panicking over them, I ended up ignoring my chest pain and thinking screw it if I have a heart attack and die it's going to happen anyway ;I've had tests my heart is healthy the scans would've picked up something otherwise and I go to the gym and do a high intensity workout and each time I go back to the gym I feel more and more confident in myself and the fear slowly subsides, you just have to do it, your scans are clear medical tests are very good these days and if you were at risk of having a heart attack it would have showed up

Do yourself a favour and say no to your anxiety and work out and show yourself you're stronger than anxiety.. you'll feel a lot better after your workout is done and you're still healthy smile trust me when I say it's hard but we can't live this horrible life being held back all the time by our irrational anxiety.

I went through the past year convinced I was a sociopath and still am convinced but I just have to say so what if I'm a sociopath so be it.. once you stop fearing it anxiety has nothing to hold on to and feed off.

Good luck smile 

• Posted

Thank you for the reply! I'm glad you are able to workout again. I still have not been able to workout. Every time I begin exercising my heart begins to pound and the PVCs come in. I know the doctors say nothing is wrong but it's just so hard to believe when I get these palpitations during exercise. Thanks for the advice, I will definitely keep trying to fight it and kick this anxiety to the side. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.