Haven't gone in 3 weeks :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 13 year old girl and have had issues with this basically since I was a toddler, but it has never been this bad. I have depression and recently I've just been sitting on the sofa not doing much, and just watching tv and haven't even got up to go to the toilet just held it in rolleyes I'm really scared and in a fair amount of pain help please!! I need some simple and natural remedies, not laxatives and I really want to avoid going to the doctor, even though I'm pretty sure it might be an obvious option... sad

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh also I'm really scared to go because of the pain...

• Posted

Hi Katyy, 

I have had this problem all my life and struggled with bowel problems, I have tried absolutely everything. I think the best thing that you could try is prune juice as it softens the poo and wll lessen the pain, if you have a fairly large glass it should help within a few hours. Think as you are so young you should speak to a doctor about everything, if you are still unhappy with one doctors advice find another one, that's what I have done on several occasions.

• Posted

Hey thanks a lot, my mum made me have prunes a while ago when I had this problem before, but I never really had them again because I didn't like it. But I think I'll try prune juice again smile

• Posted

When this happens you need to take an enema ASAP - intestinal autointoxication is not a myth.

And see a gastroenterologist if you can.

• Posted

Thanks will definitely look into this...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.