Haven't gone to doctor yet but think.i.have this

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 46 fome tinow I have been experiencing back pain. Honestly scared. Hope I don't have something like bone cancer. I work for spine docs and will ask them to send me for testing

Or go see a rheumatologist. At night my spine cracks and my heels burn when they are down on the bed. My hips are starting to feel uncomfortable

My joints in shoulders crack too..I'm just so scared o also have interrupted sleep every night I don't know how bbn I function but I'm exhausted. When o carry things it feels like my back is bring crushed and I used to be very strong. Anyone tell me their first symptoms/experience I would appreciate it thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Am at end stage AS. Had to find diagnosis on my own by learning how to read my own MRIs. I didn't pass the blood test for the gene B27 and because the facet joints where the joint capsule is most affected my spine, I kept being told I had osteoarthritis. I have lost both hips, both shoulders, one knee, one ankle. two thumbs. I would go and get an MRI of your spine with view of Sacrolitis Joints and hips. An orthopedist would be the best to review it WITH you. Get copy of disc and report. Ask your National AS Society for experts on AS. Rheumatologists in US aren't familiar enough with the disease. Orthopedists know. Best of luck.

• Posted

Thank you. I will

.I just know something is not right . Will keep.posting. thank you

• Posted

While you're waiting for the diagnosis, please read about diet for AS and other types of autoimmune , inflammatory diseases.

Just cleaning up you diet can help you a lot.

I didn't have an episode for a very long time and then I slipped up and ate (not just once but for a couple of days) starchy foods and voilĂ  the pain is back.

I don't have the gene either.

Diet changes, regular exercise/stretching, relaxation (meditation), good quality sleep can do wonders.

I don't take any meds to treat the pain because I've been "clean" for a while (minus the slip), which in return helps my digestive tract stay injury free.

State of mind is important. AS is NOT the end. It can be managed, but it takes discipline.

Hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.