Having a bad day

Posted , 6 users are following.

Yesterday was the first time I didn't feel that I still had something therefrom my front prolapse repair 3 weeks ago, success I thought, I went shopping with my husband (carer as he's now known), he did the shopping and pushed the trolley, I just went along for the ride really. Still feeling pretty positive I was more active than I have been previously and boy did I know about it last night and again today. I didn't do anything that I shouldn't apart from be on my feet more. Still positive today about my front prolapse but the back prolapse is chronic, sitting in the garden chair with cushions is impossible, so taking it really easy again today but doesn't seem to be helping with the discomfort. Shed a little tear today

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi hun,I'm 20 days post op anterior repair and I'm the same.when I walk I feel like I'm going to fall out!!

Feels like I got as tampon in wrong.I cash feel stitches way down by entrance. It makes

!me feel like I did when I had the prolapse... Is that the same for you?xx

• Posted

It was until yesterday then the feeling of having something there went and fortunately still the same today. Now it is just very uncomfortable to sit down, feels more like bruising now, I know what you mean about the tampon. I can't take anti inflammatory tablets so still on paracetamol, which don't seem to be helping much at the minute. Xx
    • Posted

Hi, I have gone back on codeine and that seems to help but Arnica tablets may help x
  • Posted

Hi I have had the same op as you, I am not normally emotional but boy I have been these last few days, I can feel the stiches back and front.

i am still bleeding were the stiches are pricking me, everything seams heavey.

i think it is suck it and see as there doesn't apear to be any real answers as everyone is so different.

have your stiches started to come out chic, they are so uncomfatuble don't you think?

i to carnet sit for long periods of time.

• Posted

Hi Gillian, it certainly does take its toll. How long post op are you? I stopped bleeding at about 2 weeks but occasionally get a slight pinkish tinge on the paper after going to the toilet but only a small amount, I just feel so helpless, husband is amazing but I'm not used to sitting around and letting him do everything. Certainly does feel heavy, haven't seen any stitches that I'm aware of but sometimes feels a bit tight and itchy
    • Posted

Hi, I am 19 days pist op, the healing takes its time I think and when you feel somthing different over the days it makes you think omg what is it, the matron as been very kind to me and picked up on any questions I have had.

i feel like I have brushing on the underneath right hand side.

you have had it rough girl, when did you have the transplant if you don't mind me asking ?

• Posted

The rectocele (back repair) will be the most painful, it always is so despite you feeling well enough to go out your body is now telling you it was just a bit too much too soon. But how were you to know? You couldn't and that's the problem with this surgery it totally knocks you for six. Remember you've had 2 major operations (particularly the rectocele repair which is more involved) so for the next couple of days you are going to have to rest, completely.
    • Posted

Is the back wall more of a surgery then matron? Do they booth take the same length of time tyo fix?xx
    • Posted

The rectocele repair is the bowel and a bit more complicated and because it's the bowel there are more nerve endings so it's more painful. The bowel is a large organ as well. I had very little pain from my cystocele repair only from the rectocele repair. 
    • Posted

That makes sense.did yuou have the feeling if a stuck tampon in the entrance matron ? Did you have stitches or mesh matronxx
    • Posted

Thank you matron, I have a hospital appointment tomorrow morning so rest will need to wait until I return.

Do you think I should put it back for a week.

• Posted

I had stitches, but I had a porcine mesh used as well which after a year when all the tissues around it healed it dissolved x
    • Posted

No you must go to your hospital appointment, that's important but just take things easy and rest with your feet up x
    • Posted

Matron did you get my message about HRT, would you know when I can start it again?
    • Posted

Yes I replied but don't know what happened to it. I was on HRT when I had my repair and I stopped taking it for about 5 days before the operation but went back on it straight away so you should start taking it again xx
    • Posted

Is it normal for the stitches to feel quite low after the rectocele matron.xxx
    • Posted

Yes it is Topsi but don't worry because as it heals they won't be so noticeable. To be honest this is one of the main concerns after this surgery and the one thing women ring the ward about because they think the operation has failed x
    • Posted

Thanks matron I was a little concerned about this. I'm so glad your on this group. I really apreaciate all your help and advice.xxx
    • Posted

Hi and thank you..I'm still not back to my normal self 😞😊
    • Posted

Differant subject Matron..my last period was last Aug do you think it's poss I won't have any more I'm 55 in June 😳
    • Posted

It is possible debra but I've read that some ladies don't have a period for about 12 months then suddenly have one. Are you having menopausal symptoms?
    • Posted

Hot flushes 😡 Don't sleep very good headaches mood swing so yes then lol 😊
    • Posted

The dreaded menopause, some women sail through it others myself included have a rough time. I'm taking HRT but that's another forum.
    • Posted

I had my appointment this morning and felt ok, took your advice on my return, had a coffee then went for a lie down, easier to rest on the bed, had two naps while I was there. Clearly it must have taken more out of me than I thought.
    • Posted

It's surprising just how much even the smallest bit of exercise can take it's toll but you will feel better after a lovely rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.