Having a bad day, any advice would b appreciated x

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've now been on 30mg of citalopram for about four months and i've been doing so well. I even went away for a week last week, i had the odd drink of alcohol with meals but after returning yesterday i've been in a bit of a state of panic today. I didn't wake up like it its just that i looked at my works diary and got myself in a bit of a stew about how much i have going on over the next three weeks and now i seem to have made myself anxious all over again just after i thought i was doing so well. I'm scared as i don't want to go back to how i was but i'm wondering if the alcohol hasn't helped. I feel scared and low right now.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey Gemma,

It's rotten when you start feeling like you're heading in the wrong direction again 😦 I had a proper drink for the first time last weekend and I struggled for a good 3-4 days after with that anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach and general agitation. Almost like PMS. I've been picking up again since but little things can still trigger it off for me. I'm going back to work on Tuesday and the more I think about it the more anxious I can become. But it soon passes....it will pass for you too. The alcohol and the packed diary may seem small to some, but to us it is scary and a big trigger. You're not alone there!! Chin up, you'll come right soon 😉

• Posted

iam pretty sure the alcohol had something to do with it.hope you feel better.

• Posted

its just a blip i have just had one 8 months in we automatically think i dont want to go back to how i was . u wont just hang on in there it will pass x having the odd drjnk shouldnt matter

• Posted

Hi hun

Im the queen of blips lately, and yeah every time it happens i think im going backwards again, 😔

The alcohol does have something to do with it, dont forget its a depressant.

It doesnt mean you wont be able to drink ever, you just need more time to recover and know your limits.

All you need is a couple of good nights sleep, and i cant emphasise how important that is, good routine some good wholesome food, and some nice long walks in the day , you will be back to your self really soon, i promise. Xxx

• Posted

Thank you for the advice everyone. I have learnt along the way that alcohol does cause me some anxiety but it is right than whenever we have a blip we assume that us going back to the beginning again, its comforting to know that I'm not the only one to feel like that. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow after a good nights sleep. Thank you all and I hope you're all doing okay too.

• Posted

It's the alcohol, my lovely. I made myself wobble a couple of weeks ago, for a good week. You will come back up again, in fact, you probably already have x

• Posted

HI Gemma,

I just read your post. How are you doing?

It's definetly from the alcohol. It happened to me. I cant drink vodka any more but i can have a glass or two of red wine. It does make me sleepy which is fine cause i enjoy it with pasta. lol I'm sure your ok now.

Will

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.