Having a bad fortnight....just need somewhere to vent and support!

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been on here a lot over the last few months...all started then with just a couple of days fever which came and went and i went straight back to working out and then before i knew it ..HA was back in full force....some intercostal neuralgia would see my mind go into overdrive and my terrible bad habits return....checking stool, googling symptoms, obsessing.....and it came crumbling down after a weekend away with new medication which had some awful side effects....that i now know were side effects...at the time. was more..

ive been through bloods, ultrasounds, endoscopy and a CT scan and the most found was some mild gastritis from NSaid overuse and a small kidney cyst which is common and benign...i had some microscopic hematuria but after the ulttasound and ct scans....seems its just is what it is and at this stage idiopathic so no cause.

fast forward a few weeks...i am feeling good ...and then boom....another set of problems come and im back to square 1.

i went to visit family ..developed a rash....went to doctors who immediately said Shingles....i haven't had the pain of shingles but have hat fatigue.....after a few days...a lymph node in the right side of my beck got a bit swollen ..same side as the shingles rash ..and a few days later...i developed upper respiratory tract infections symptoms...phlem on chest....couldnt speak....just not good

about 12 days on and im still not feeling myself ...and now its starting to worry me.....im worried the bit of swelling on my lymph node is something more serious despite the tests ive had done that say otherwise and im worried maybe its not shingles...maybe the rash is associated with something serious....again...despite the evidence of professionals that nothing was found....clearly my mind with no evidence has used google results to talk myself in ti worry despite the lack kf proof and rejecting my doctors results of previous tests.

at doctors again today to check in...lets see what they say but im wxhausted from the stress and worry ...im only 36 and i want to have a family but im so scared to start feeling on edge abour what i might have!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi there

you are certainly not alone with this... alas health anxiety its relentless have you tried CBT I'm in the process of referring myself back in an attempt to try and get out of this vicious cycle. im also in low dose SSRI but prob not enough. Hyperventilating and having chest tightness also tickly throat and cough, chest xray and lung function tests normal , had it since beg August terrified its something else just cant stop worrying doc yet again tom. let me know how you get on. PM me of you want a chat

Regards Ruth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.