Having a bad night

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I'm having dizzy night it started up the psychologist office and by the time I got to the chiropractor's office and stepped out of my car I could feel the floor bouncing. Came home and did my gays stabilization exercise and felt like I was sinking in the chair. Now I'm sitting here typing and I feel like a movie in the water.

I find it strange how with this disorder you can be fine and then Bam you're dizzy bouncing floating rocking whatever it is you're doing at that time. Anybody else have this be fine

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have Vertigo BPPV and was released from hospital at 2 weeks ago but if I look down at the floor or up to the ceiling my dizziness comes back. I have not started any therapy yet but I hope I will soon. Very aggravating.
    • Posted

This is very frustrating. I have MAV had bppv 5 years ago. Then it returned as this. ENT dmsays I have a bit of mal de embarfmeny syndrom also. It all is crappy. The vet is helping but when the bad days come the anxiety strikes to.

Thsnks for replying and I hope you feel better

• Posted

Sorry, which disorder? Have you recieved a diagnosis?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

In this help website, I note frequently the reference to "mal de EMbarquement" Syndrome.

In my frequent talks with world recognized neurotologists, this syndrome never comes up in our conversations, nor as a possible diagnosis for anything.

I therefore believe that any reference to this term should be limited.  Personally, I am not sure that this exists as a disorder.

• Posted

Hi

This is quite interesting in regards to MDDS, there is plenty of documentation about it as there is about MAV, but I was talking with another doctor about MAV and was told its a garbage can syndrome, its another way of the doc saying they really don't know what the cause is.  

I know with my dizziness which is a rocking sensation at times, and a bobbing at other times or a falling sensation, I usually have a headache with neck pain and upper shoulder pain on both sides of the body.  This can last for hours and into up to 3 days.  Also how the dizziness can change from one feeling to another at any time.  And the most prevalent symptom that comes with it is anxiety and panic.  

I am also wondering about most people with MAV taking anti depressants for it, so that tells me its more of an depression or anxiety disorder that really going on.  Also most people with MDDS take anxeity meds for it,  such as valium, xanax, ativan.  

I think if it was a real inner ear disorder they would be able to treat it better.  I know inner ear things are very complicated, but treating it with anit d's and anxiety meds, seems to say its more about anxiety and stress.  

• Posted

Vestibular Migraine is usually treated like migraine.  I am not familiar with treatment being with antidepressants.  Usually triptans or topiramate is used.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.