having a bad night with weird feelings

Posted , 4 users are following.

Feeling really weird tonight, feel like I have pains behind my left breastbone, but at the same time feels like ive pulled a muscle In my collar bone and left shoulder blade, along with this I am getting a numbing pins and needle feeling in my arm. All this along with the usual heart palpitations, panic, feeling of wanting to get up and get out. So scared this really is heart related

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi im feeling the same thing I feel like crap every day sometimes its nice to talk to someone that knows what ur going through iv had blood test and ecgs and they all come back fine I dont really want to take pills so om thinking about therapy.  Hope ur ok
    • Posted

It certainly does help talking to people who understand, im the same if I can avoid tablets I will. Thanks for your reply. Ive heard therapy can be very helpful
  • Posted

You could try a course of mindfulness as well. I find it has helped a lot along with exercise. I recommend totally wearing yourself out physically. Get knackered then you will sleep better. If you have slightly stretched a muscle in your neck or collarbone it could be causing (temporary) pind and needles in your arm and/or hand. Nothing to worry about. Pain around the heart area is usually caused by tight muscles caused by anxiety. They do no harm at all but can be a bit uncomfortable. The pain of an actual heart event is not usually felt in the heart. You are suffering from anxiety therefore your thoughts are agitated and exagerated at thr moment. Nothing is going to happen to you. Despite what your thoughts say you are not in any danger whatsoever. You are actually quite safe.

It's just uncomfortable feelings in your body caused by adrenaline. You will be ok. You are not going mad and you are not about to die. And you are not the exception. You are ok. Nothing will happen. hugs xx

• Posted

Thanks athol, its actually very reassuring to read your reply. 

It's trying to remember the above and stopping the worries from anxiety leading to that panicky feeling as once it gets hold its so hard to snap out of!

• Posted

Kerrianne,

How old are you, does heart problems run within your family?  How long have you been experiencing these feelings?  Are these feelings new, or re occurring?

If relatively new, I would suggest you call an ambulance immediately, for your own welfare.

• Posted

Hi ray

Im 28, my father has had a heart attack but other than that theres no one else who has suffered heart problems.

Its definitely a reoccurring thing, most if not all nights. Ive ended up in hospital from it before convinced it was s heart attack but all was 'normal'

I try to tell myself because it happens so regularly that if it was heart problems something more serious would have happened by now but at the same time the fear and anxiety makes me feel its a build up to something going to happen

• Posted

Thank you for responding Kerrianne,

When I was young, a relative passed, which got me thinking about death.  I recall for several days I had the uncomfortable feeling that I would die soon, also.  Then, I placed logic within the scene, and knew that death is just a part of life.  We will go to our next life, whenever, where ever, it is our time to go, and however we will go.

Sitting back and constantly worrying about physical problems is going to cause you to eventually experience that which you fear.  That is a given!

Right now I have been diagnosed with 16 different problems within this old body.  Do I worry about one single item?  No.  Do I go out of my way to allow any one single problem to control me, to make me worry about my living tomorrow?  No.  Am I going to allow these defects within my body to control me, one iota?  No.

You have to be the one to say, I'm not going to allow my life, which I see is the pits, to cause me to worry about whether I am going to be living tomorrow, next week, next month, or even next year.

Take it from an old man, doing so is going to shorten you life, because you are living under stress, and stress KILLS!  Way back when I was also having numbness within my left arm, down to my hands, with heart pains. If you are having these symptoms that last for over two to three minutes, by all means call for emergency help.   A palpitition here or there is not a heart attack, usually panic, anxiety and/or depression related.

At 28 years years old, you are not even within your prime of life. I suggest you, respectfully of course, take a long hard look at your attitude about life, and change that which you should, to be the positive young, loving woman you can be.  Stress will in time change your youthful looks to be that of a very old haggard woman.  And I can assure you, that is not what a 28 year old woman desires to look  like.

I do not mean any disrespect to you one iota.  Just being myself, trying to assist you to overcome that which apparently you do not know.

All the best to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.