Having a bad spell

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone else suffered from a hormonal blip? I was doing very nicely, no period since January so I'm on my way out of the peri (I hope) and suddenly the bottom of my back is aching and I feel pre menstrual. My moods have been very even since my periods stopped I hope this doesn't mean I'm about to have one. I'm so easily irritated by things (and people!) Sometimes I feel there's no end to this. Please tell me there is!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

You may not be getting out so easy! smile I had a period about every 4 months for a few years, then back to every month for a year. Then about every other month. Now I have been bleeding and spotting for 5 months straight with no more than 3 days between with no spotting.
  • Posted

Hi Kerry

how long have you been in peri in total?

i have been 10 years.. almost.. i am 50..

they say on average you go one full year no periods before its suggested your full menopause.. then a blip can happen...

i had two last year and not had a period for  last 11 months... was still getting symptoms and no period... my indictaor is a blasting headache lasting for days before the period comes and feeling really sick... Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jaynee,

I've been six or seven years in peri, I'm 52 now. periods were regular until last year when I missed a few, then nothing since January and my moods were great. I'm disappointed to say the least. Keep telling myself it's a blip and another good spell could follow this.

• Posted

Hi Kerry

well thats a few years so you hopefully wont be too long before you reach the Meno big time..

dont know about you.. but last year 2013 i had two, year before 2012  I had three, last one was last Aug... so middle of next month its a year for me..

previous years to that i was having maybe 4 or 5 ish ... 

my periods have been irregular for 10 years ... thats when mine all started.. good luck Kerry.. Jay xx

• Posted

Like you Jaynee, I'm hoping to get this over with, but part of me is worried that this will get worse when I'm into the menopause 'officially'; any post meno ladies out there who can confirm that it calms down?
    • Posted

Hi Kerry

depends what path you take... HRT or natural...

HRT feeds the hormones which want to naturally reduce confusing the whole peri scenario... then the peri returns when you come off HRT in general.

or let nature take its course ... go natural remedies, let the body do what nature intends... then when its done its done...  with the help of Vits, and supplements and Vits for bone health etc..

B6 changed my life, from the deep dark to the I have my life back, since April I am a little go getter once again,  go out again, actually like people hahahaha

not saying every day is perfect symptoms wise, but my god its 90% better, and I have felt every natural symptom along this 10 year path  .. Jay xx

• Posted

Me too I only take supplements, but for some reason the B6 didn't agree with me. I'm on Omega3, oil of evening primrose, D3 zinc and vit E, these I can tolerate. i guess there will be moments that are worse than others, got to tough it out. it really helps to talk to people about it though. 
    • Posted

Oil of primrose is fantastic stuff! I didn't realize that my sleeping problems were peri related until I started reading up on it. Immediately after starting taking 1000mg 3x day, I slept 6 hours straight! Previously, I had never made it more than 3 or 4 hours at a time. Oil of primrose doesn't make you sleepy when you take it, but seems to keep you asleep once you decide to sleep. Of course, it's a hormonal thing!
    • Posted

Hi fancygoldfish

thats good to know... another one to try... I Rattle now hahahahaha

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi. I think this is the transition stage of brutal symptoms but once the blood is gone completely then you feel excellent they say.  We just have to put up with this stuff for a while...it will be over soon.....it better be smile   I just went to the eye doctor today again....I saw him a few months ago as my eye was sooooo dry and red....thought I had an infection.  It's just really really dry he said.  Dryer than the last time I visited him.  You see everything is drying up from premenopause:  my hair, nails, skin, crotch. haha  
  • Posted

Hi Kerry I started premenopausal major symptoms in March and can't wait for this crap to be over.  I feel like an old hag smile. If I ever come back to earth again I sure as heck coming back as a man.  This woman stuff is no fun.  Just so you know you are never alone smile
    • Posted

Thank you for the support! I know what you mean about feeling old, I always felt so young before. the last twelve months have been a fast track to crippling old age; what with the aches and pains and peeing myself every time I sneeze I feel about ready for the knackers yard.  
    • Posted

Yup it's Over the Hill stuff.  I didn't know it was going to be this awful.  At least it's comforting to know that you aren't alone dear. sad
  • Posted

Kerry Hi id love to say it gets better!!!!😌I had a hysterectomy so went into menopause much quicker. It's 11 years and lots if changes went the natural way as better in my opinion to get it over with then bits dried up tried hrt for delicate bits only 1 percent cream. Could not see any difference only soreness and continuation of symotoms. Back to natural vitamin e fir delicate bits and femdophillis also for delicate bits vitamin b and cranberry tablet. It's such joy to be a woman!!!!😁bath in  10 drops lavender oil and tea tree soothing.  Keep smiling we are all in it together. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.