Having a cystoscope worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am so worried about having a cystoscopy ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi caroline10180

Have no fears about having a cystoscopy....it's not a long investigation into the bladder....you will have an anaesthetic and feel nothing..the whole procedure lasts about half an hour the most....and you will be told how the procedure went when you recover..recovery is fine because you are not given a lot of anaesthetic.

You will be absolutely fine so stop stressing.....best wishes hope all turns out well for you...

• Posted

Aw bless you, I have just this week broke off from a 11 yr relationship, and my emotions are terrible, I don't usually stress about this sort of thing but seem really scared, but thank you for your positive reply

• Posted

Hi caroline 10180

Your very welcome Caroline.......your dealing with two emotional things here..your health and your breakup...i can understand your stress!.....11 years is a long time...yoy will get stronger as time goes on.....have a peaceful and calm day.....with my very best wiishes...

• Posted

A cystocopy ....in my experience....doesnt take a half hour.. more likeĀ 2 minutes. They use a local anesthetic and it is not painful at all. They just want to have a peek at your bladder.
    • Posted

Is it ok for me to drive to and from hospital do you know?
    • Posted

Hi carolune 10180

I had a relative take me and pick me up after the cystoscopy.....it would be advisable not to drive after the cystoscopy...i had general anaesthetic and i was told it took 20 mins to half and hour....it depends on what they find..i can't speak for those who have local anaesthetics on how long the procedure takes.....best wishes Caroline....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.