Having a drink while taking mirt?

Posted , 5 users are following.

well seen doc and I'm gonna try 30 mg alternate days with the 15mg on other day ....haven't been drinking lately but when I was on venlafaxine and feeling well I could drink g n tonic or wine no bother..now on mirtazapine and wondered how  everybody gets on having drinks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cathy,

I have an occassional glass of wine and I mean occassional. If you want to try it, why not do it in a controlled setting, with a safe friend/friends. We are different in how we react to Mirtazapine or alcohol. Good luck to you.

• Posted

Hi Cathy

I'm on 15 mg each night and have been since September.  My GP said no more than a glass of wine, one glass ...   ...   ...   I have tried more but it just makes me fall to sleep - I'd say be very careful

• Posted

My psychiatrist tells me every time I visit that I should not drink because alcohol is in the end a depressant that makes depression worse. And in combination with the meds I take the risk of seizures is too high.
  • Posted

I didn't drink alcohol to start with, not until the drowsiness wore off. Then I gradually reintroduced it. I had no adverse effects and now drink normally (for me - a bit too much lol!).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.