Having a H.pylori test

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am due to have a helicobacter breath test and blood test, after feeling horrible this past few months. Acid reflux, bloating, wanting to burp, constant anxiety and feeling anxious and depressed and tired and nauseous and a dull sore pain in my chest around where the heart is....also slightly confused sometimes or just forgetful.

So a few questions and concerns, (sorry if I seem silly)

What can I do now to ease these feelings of tiredness, hot feeling in my face and eyes? These feelings also make me anxious, even waiting for the day to come, even though I don't know what is causing these feelings make feel nervous.

The headache and tiredness and anxiety and feeling weak give me a feeling like I'm going to die any minute or in my sleep...even though I had it a few times before.

If the tests are positive what will they do?

Would I need to take an endoscopy?

What are your experiences and how to make things a little better?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you test positive for h pylori via a breath/blood test, you will be given a triple course of antibiotics along with a PPI. These tests alone should pick it up so you shouldn't need an endoscopy.  I had a stool test for this bacteria and it was negative.  My problem turned out to be IBS.

• Posted

Could be GERD. it exactly has the same symptoms.

your body is producing more gas due to undigested food and vitamins level will be reducing. this may cause other issues like fatigue, head ache.. etc.

I feel taking treatment is easy than diagnosing. smile. its only simple dose of tablets. Dont waste time and money in diagnosing if you feel you have parasites take the medicines its cheaper than testing. it does not harm if you dont have also. thats what we do here in india smile.

try to visit Gastro doctor. he will solve your problem.

• Posted

Hi Redwolf887

If you have constant acid reflux this will stop the absorption of B12...you will then become B12 deficient which in turn will cause all the symptoms you describe..especially feeling weak and very tired, headaches and anxiety...ask your doc to have your B12 checked......best wishes

• Posted

Hopefully you do not have the bacteria infection. I went through all the meds.

It can also be gastritis so if the test comes back negative you can test for gastritis. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.