Having a hard time accomplishing daily tasks

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anybody else have a hard time and lack the ambition to do normal activities such as cleaning and organizing around the house? I cannot seem to accomplish much when before I was on top of everything.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Ohhh yes!

Some days all I want to do is sit on the sofa and watch TV. I just don't have the energy or ambition to do anything. My home used to be spotless but now I manage just enough to keep it clean. Seriously thinking of hiring someone to clean. Thank God my husband is so understanding and helps out as much as he can.

• Posted

Yes!!!! I used to be really fussy and cleaned all the time, now it just takes to much thinking about and too much effort, I'd rather veg with a good book or do some craft work, although sometimes it's even hard to drum up enthusiasm for the craft work. Feel so blah at the moment but then when I don't do it I feel guilty and stressed ??

• Posted

I feel the same as you. I get stressed and feel guilty when I don't clean my house. I just don't have energy sometimes.

• Posted

Yes it's really horrible and I wish I had the energy and motivation I had in my 20's. I've just hit age 50 and feeling every one of those 50 years with the anxiety, chronic pain and lack of energy ??

• Posted

I had the motivation up until a yr ago. Im always,moving just no accomplishing much???
  • Posted

I'm constantly moving but nothing getting done. It's like I cannot focus.

• Posted

Perhaps now is the time in our lives when we are supposed to reconsider how important a spotless house really is. Or the distribution of work....why is hubby relaxing while we are running around. No, i do not have the energy to keep my house spotless, but i have also learned to cut myself a break and not beta myself up about it.
  • Posted

I do have my moments! I work full time and during the week Ive stopped cooking dinner ..but maybe 2 times a week we'll cook and that's it. Just don't have the energy and having to prepare them out away just gets me tired thinking of it! But then I have days where I'm so full of energy. Ive been always active and busy but these past few years have been challenging. I definitely can't wait to get over this!

• Posted

Me too! It can't be our age because my sis who is 2 yrs older than me still has the ability I once had. I was a machine until this took over.

• Posted

This is me all over. I literally feel the most settled when I do nothing at all. And then I am not settled because I am doing nothing. When I try and do stuff I get very distracted and can't focus. I have a ton of things to do and here I am reading this forum avoiding life. rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.