Having a hard time determining whether it is nail fungus.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am attaching a picture of my toenail, which had been thickened, and then I decided to clip and file it more than usual, I believe I was able to remove some small brown nail mass. Haven't gone to the doctor since I want to avoid the risk of getting Covid at this time. I got some topical Terbinafine Hcl, which the packaging says is for skin only. So I doubt it is going to work. I am thinking of getting Tea Tree Oil. Additionally, has anyone successfully topically cured nail fungus. Thank you! image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Terbinafine is a good start. Rub into the affected nails twice per day.Toe nail fungus can be very difficult to get rid of so dont expect instant results. It can take up to 2 years and even more to completely clear it. Look closely at your other toe nails. If you suspect the condition is spreading to them then treat them all.

Clear Zal is also a good product to use.You have to be very persistant with treatment and very patient.

Not sure if you are male or female but do wash socks/tights in water that is at least 60 degrees to kill the fungal spores and if possible buy new.Dont wear shoes without socks/tights. Whenever possible wear sandals with your toes exposed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.