Having a hard time urinating. What is wrong with me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello, I'm a girl and I'm 17 years old. I would often hold my pee in when I'm doing my homework. I would always say that I'll go after to the bathroom after I finish my homework and hold my pee in for more than an hour. This have been going on a month or so? Just recently I have a hard time urinating and even if i do urinate, only a few drops come out. It doesn't hurt when I urinate but it kind of burns. A few minutes after I urinate, it kind of hurt.

I did some research and I guess I have Stress Urinary Incontinence? Because the past few days, my urine would leak only a little.

Can someone help me with this? I'm really worried! How can I cure this? I dont really want to go see a doctor because I don't want to show my private parts.

So can someone please please help me?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hello Amy,

    I'm not a doctor, but it seems to me that you may have an infection, if you're experiencing burning.

    I'm a 65 year old man and believe me, doctors are more than used to seeing both sexes for these types of problems. There is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about (I know; I have cameras regularly inserted to check for bladder cancer and colon problems and once you've done it for the first time, it's not that bad). That part of your anatomy is just another part of your body to a medical professional. It's not nice, I appreciate, but please, please, please see a doctor (ask to consult a female doctor if your GP practice employs one) and ask her opinion. She will be only too happy to help you return to good health. She will have undergone years of training to do just that, so give her the opportunity to put her experience to good use!! Your health is so precious; don't compromise it by, in this situation, a misplaced sense of modesty!!!

    Good luck - and good health!

    Kindest regards,

    Peter A

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Amy, sounds like a urine infection. You need to see a doctor. You will probably be asked to do a urine sample so that it can be tested for infection. Dont worry, doctors dont usually want to examine you for this complaint. Its quite normal and doctors see this sort of thing all the time. Do you drink plenty? You need to try and drink plenty to keep the bladder flushed out regularly,but you probably do need antibiotics.

    Its unlikely you have stress incontinence....the symptoms for this are different,so stop thinking that

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up