Having a miserable time at the moment!.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies,

god I feel so miserable! Why? I don't know...just feel low.nothing to look forward to just plain miserable.

someone shoot me ...please...

im late at coming on a periodby a week..

the last few months is been Brown no blood red! My GP said I'm in Persians nearer the end of my periods!!!.

so right I'm 46...in peri.., HAD terrible mood swings for 9months which were very erratic...but have now calmed down as I'm taking Sertline

perids no change apparat from it being BROWN..

fitted with a Mirena coil which will be taken out this December. A friend said to me can get pregnant even though you are fitted with the oil .

anyway I'm now scared being late can you still get pregnant even fitted with the coil?

gosh I bloody hope not I already have 3 children is she right?

like the last week or so I have been getting stomach ache lower back pain BUT still NO PERIOD!!! 

Any advice please?.

is this it period wise the pains I have been experiencing have been quite bad to the point that Saturday I lay on the sofa all day with a hot water bottle on my stomach trying to ease the pain which eventually needed up just below my breast bone and then continued around to my backand then upto my shoulder between my neck!!.

and still no period last one was just at the beggining of december( which I thought great at least Christmas and new year I will be ok Pain free!)

so is this normal while in Peri? Theses symptoms or not

doesnt feel right running to see my GP ever time somthing happens ...theains in my stomach is it natural?. They are like period pains BUT I have no period!.

why is ths premenapausable lark so flipping crazy why is it sooooo confusing...for one to think could I be pregnant? Or is it the menopausable system? 

Can someone help me out please?.

yhanks ladies.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear your symptoms. I am also 46 and have smilar problems. When you have mirena it tends to stop having periods but unfortunately the period symptoms are still there. Can I ask why you are going to get the mirena taken out?

I had mirena removed about 3 years ago then I regretted it and got it fitted in again recently. I felt that my mood swings were all over the place after mirena taken out. That's the very reason I had it inserted only a month ago not my body is adjusting it. Hope things get better for you soon. I think it is a good idea to tslk to your gp

• Posted

Hi imagineCelebi,

i had the 5 year coil fitted, which lapses this coming December, with my age and being in Peri,I haven't really given it a lot of thought (probably speak to a profession) first as to what are the best options for me to have another 5year put back in or mabe best NOT to have another!!!!!. 

Over the weekend I was poorly bad stomach like period pain, but still no period ( carnt remember roughly when I should b on!!!).

but my periods like I have said are BROWN and not a bleed,

which is how my GP recognised me being in peri!!!! Mood swings were terrible (as to why I'm on Sertline these had really helped ).

Are you at all nearing to the Peri? 

Sorry to ask (hope you don't think I'm being nosey) think its nice to be able to come on the forum and. Chat to the ladies with questions and get different views from others. And a lot off moaning!!!.

thankyou for responding back to me, 

michelle.

• Posted

Hi Michelle, of course it is ok to ask. No one knows when peri is peri. Given the symptoms I have I think I am peri. My mood swings are incredible too. I am not on any meditation yet. I will try without if I can tolerate. Having said that seeing a gp next week about it. My periods are also browny at times.

I am told that you can keep merino for 10 years. Also having fitted a month ago they told me I can keep it more then 10 year given my age;46 I could get it removed well after menapouse. Best wishes

• Posted

So what I'm asking is "It possible to get pregnant " while fitted with the Mirena coil?Thankyou ladies.
  • Posted

Hi Shelly,

When I was late peri and missing a few here and there I always hada better month mood wise when I had one.

Some months were very brown and then I'd miss a few and the next might be bright red. I would also get months where my period began then stopped or spotted a couple of days and then restarted.

I had period pains heavy breasts etc. Every month even if I missed my period. Also after they stopped completely I would still have pain and heavy breast just as if I was going to have one.

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.