having a moan

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello ladies. I feel like a moan today. My sleep pattern is disrupted, largely due to having to get up a couple of times a night to go to the loo. I start to hurt if my bladder is full. I am tired. Probably why I feel the need to moan today. I don't have severe pain but rather period like cramps. It feels as though I have had a permanent period since my surgery, just without the bleeding. Although the pain is less than the pain I had prior to the surgery so that is a plus. My scar is itchy, not infected but a little red in places. There is a hard line above the incision and I have no idea if that is normal or not. My stomach is sensitive to touch and now my back is killing me. I am convinced that if I cough or laugh too hard, that everything is going to fall out of my vagina TMI. I haven't been quite so focused on that area of my anatomy since puberty. I haven't heard anything from the consultant or gp regarding my test results. I am assuming that means that no nasties were found but considering the speed with which they arranged the hysterectomy following very high CA125 results, I am really very keen to know. And my house is a tip. Why does no one other than myself notice that the bathroom floor needs cleaning? Almost 5 weeks after my surgery I am thoroughly fed up. I kept my ovaries so I don't think that the funk can be due to hormones but I suppose they could still be a little shocked. I know that I am lucky that I have had a good recovery with no set backs and I feel very petty moaning considering some of the problems that others are having to deal with. I just don't feel like me.

Sorry for being so negative and inflicting this on you all, but hopefully I will feel a bit better now I have got it off my chest.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It's good to have a moan christelle and what better place to do it than on here where we all understand where you are coming from, regarding housework well, my husband will walk around a piece of rubbish on the floor rather than pick it up and the 1 time he did do the bathroom he didn't touch the loo, grrr 😬, ho hum!

The way you are feeling is natural, the itchy feeling is your incision healing, I had 4 small incisions as I had lap hysterectomy and they drove me nuts for a few days I used to bathe them with warm salt water I found it helped a bit, hold on tight to your tummy if you need to cough or sneeze, your back is probably hurting as you will possibly be walking and holding yourself differently to how you normally would to protect your tummy, if you haven't heard anything from consultant etc, phone them, I had Christmas while I was waiting everyone seemed to have 3 weeks off, I emailed my consultants Secretary.tell them you'd like to get on with your life thanks very much! Lol!

Hope you feel a bit better now.

Take care

Phoebe x 😊🐕

• Posted

Hi Christelle.   I m now at nearly three weeks.  My GP has had the histology results sent to him so worth checking with him rather than worry.  I m really lucky that my husband will do anything I ask, he doesn t see things need doing but if I ask they get done immediately.  He has been cleaning the bathrooms and hoovering every day for a few years now so that's just routine.  He would NEVER see dust though and he can t cook.  Lived on beans when I had to be re admitted last week.  I m also getting up at least once to the loo but I really think the tiredness is just post op and your bodies way of saying relax and rest.  You re well on the recovery road now so take it easy. X. Claire
    • Posted

I can see an opening here, any chance of hiring your husband out to some of the Hyster Sisters who are having a hard time with their loved ones.  There is definitely a market for a career change for him!  He could either train the other men or 'do' for them.  Sorry getting carried away now! 

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Ha ha.  I ve just asked him and he s refused   !!!!!   Says he s got his work cut out looking after me and doing the cleaning and chauffeuring.  Mind you I ve just cooked him roast dinner and apple crumble in the absence of my sons who are not visiting until tomorrow.  Younger son also has his talents.  He has baked caramel shortcakes and is bringing them with him.  We got flapjack last week. lol
    • Posted

Oh what a shame, I had visions of being his Manager and setting up an agency, oh well back to reality.  Tell him - he had a lucky escape! frown Although it sounds like you are keeping him pretty busy! rolleyes

Your food sounds yummy, as do the caramel shortcakes.  What a talented family you are.  

I cooked Rib of Beef today (made a special effort as hubby and Rosie have spoilt me today) oh we did enjoy it.  Rosie has been asleep with her paws up in the air all afternoon!  razz

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hi love....total empathy with all your moans!!! I'm just over 4 weeks abdo hysterectomy.....I read a suggestion re having a soak in the bath with Dead Sea salts and I've been using bio oil on my wound...both of these things have helped with the itching and soreness.... I also have a ridge just above my scar line which comes and goes depending on how swollen my belly is.... I love my husband dearly and he has been fab but HE IS DEFINITELY NOT A CLEANER!!!!....
  • Posted

Thanks ladies. It's nice to know we all have the same issues. Hopefully we will be all saying "thank God I had the hysterectomy" before too long
  • Posted

Feel like we r in same mind set at the minute! Am about the same as you post op. I still feel really tired most days . Lots of aches and pains. Feel that people don't appreciate how I feel cos I look fine. But it is good to have a moan. Find I have good days and not so good. Yes my house has been a tip. I have got used to sitting in lounge with feet up catching up on a DVD but surrounded by lego! I have a very untidy son !  But my hubby has held the fort and I think as long as people have clean undies , the kitchen is clean and they are all fed then those are the main things. I can't walk far , cycling is long way off, god knows when I can do any gardening ! When will I get my life back. It is frustrating I know. I had ovaries removed so think I am a bit loopy due to lack of hormones, I also have thyroid disease so my hormones being up in the air won't help that either. I feel as if I am just getting over the initial surgery but still a long way to go til I feel better. Not sure if this helps, but you are not alone. I just feel for my kids, Easter hols soon and I know I can't do all I usually do with them but I have some friends who will share the load a bit! Keep us posted and don't be too hard on yourself. 
  • Posted

I've had a brilliant two days. Went out yesterday, cleaned the bathroom today BUT, I think the bathroom might have been a step too far, had to double up on the pain killers tonight. But it hasn't made me tired. Or rather, I am tired but I can't sleep. It's 4.25am and I can't sleep at all. I have been trying now for five hours and I have just given up. I can't get comfortable as my bladder is in overdrive so I'm having a cup of tea and have resigned myself to staying up. You never know, there might be something educational on tv.
  • Posted

I take my hat off to all you ladies with small children at home.....my girls are at uni now but I would really struggle I'm sure if I had little ones at home.....5 weeks post op tomorrow and beginning to feel a bit more myself.....I'veeven managed to put some trousers on today ( although still wearing big pants!)..... Feel like I need to build up my resilience with walking distances..... There a maybe a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel!!!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.