Having a panic attack

Posted , 7 users are following.

SO FINISHED MY PERIOD ON SUNDAY AND SINCE THEN I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH ME . UNSETTLED STOMACH , FEELING UNEASY , CANT SLEEP AND NOW IM UP AT 4.30 SHAKING AND PANICKING . WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME ? CANT STAND THIS . ADVICE PLEASE

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Panic attacks and anxiety...

how old are you?

Have you had this before? I can only say that for almost certain its your hormones, that could be adrenals..thyroid, or simply your estrogen bouncing around.

Its part of this time in our lives when things start to get funky.

It for sure messes with our minds..

i understand and so do so many more of us..

xoxo

• Posted

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY . I AM 51 AND YES I HAVE HAD PANIC ATTACKS BEFORE . I FINISHED MY PERIOD ON SUNDAY , SO I DONT KNOW IF HORMONES ARE STILL ALL OVER THE PLACE . I SEEMED TO BE BETTER ON A SMALL DOSE OF ANTIDEPRESSANT BUT I AM OFF THAT NOW . MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE STAYED ON THAT . MY HEALTH ANXIETY HAS BEEN THROUGH AS I HAVE JUST GOT OVER A BAD CASE IF FLU AND A CHEST INFECTION THAT I HAD ON AND OFF SINCE THE BEGINNING OF JANUARY . IT HASNT HELPED THAT IVE HAD TWO HEAVY PERIODS DURING THIS TIME . I JUST FEEL THAT I CANT COPE WITH ALL THIS NOW

• Posted

hellooo dear

Its Peri bumppy road

me too having shakes and alot of headaches....Aches full day.

very difficult phase of life

Take care

• Posted

Ur not alone dear

we all r in same phase

every day new symtoms ..new problems to face.some days r soo difficult..i feel like in bed only..Not able to do anything

tk

I wish we all will be ok soon.

• Posted

hi im ten years post meno finished periods at 42...this happened to me last year waking up shaking jaw trembling heart racing had blood tests thyroid echocardiograms endocrine system was checked lung function mri...absolutely nothing came back wrong...drs said it was elevated stress levels that had been going on for a while..i have a daughter who is autistic and had my son gf and grandson living with me..which i loved ..i was working pt..basically my body had had enough..didnt really realise how stressef i actually was...its not always the menopause or post meno our bodies cant deal with to much stress even if your not aware of it..your body is..hope this helps..get checked for peace of mind...💕

• Posted

sleep deprivation or insomnia can make for a very poor nervous system to...heightening stress and anxiety levels..i was sleeping alternate nights last year..thank god im back to normal now...hope all this info helps...meno destroys sleep which i think is a major factor to ongoing anxiety symptoms 💕

• Posted

morning jane well i feel for you i have been like this every night for 3 months and this morn was the worse ever to the point my husband told me i needed to be checked out so we rang for an ambulance which took over an hour to arrive but both guys were so nice and to put my mind at rest done a 12 lead ecg and even though id had palpitations, hot sweats,and shaking since 2.30 and it was now 5am all was fine with my heart just my bp was sky high which i do have a problem with for a while now , the paramedics did say its more likely to be menopause and high anxiety but these symptoms are every night about 2/3am and last for over an hour and leave me cold shaking and needing sleep and are very frightening and have only started with peri never had this before so like so many ladies on ere its all bloody hormones or should i say lack of so good luck in feeling well soon big hugs to you

• Posted

I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE WITHOUT THIS FORUM AND ALL THE LOVELY LADIES ON HERE AND IM SORRY CLAIRE THAT YOU ARE ALSO FEELING UNWELL . I KNOW THAT IT IS SUCH A ROLLERCOASTER RIDE AND WE NEVER WHAT IS GOING TO AFFECT US NEXT . BEFORE I HAD THE FLU I WAS DOING PRETTY GOOD , SO I GUESS MAYBE IM JUST A BIT LOW AND NEED TO BUILD UP AGAIN . I HAD STARTED SKIPPING MONTHS AT A TIME , BUT NOW MY PERIODS HAVE GONE BACK TO BEING EVERY MONTH AGAIN , SO I SUPPOSE MY HORMONES DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON

• Posted

I have anxiety and yes I feel 'unsettled' here and there. But someone was telling me yesterday about eating foods that might help with anxiety. Don't know BUT I'm going to start looking into it. She was telling me about a smoothie with some kind of cherries in it among other things that are good for you.. It worth a shot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.