Having a panic attack right now is anyone awake?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi me again ;-) For the last week or so my anxiety has really intensified and I can't control my intrusive thoughts as I'm trying to sleep.. I am consumed with fear and panic & I was close to ringing emergency services again!

I believe I have just had another panic attack!... Was frozen with fear and felt paralysed..and my jaw felt locked!

I decided to post on here instead of calling the medics as I know so many people can relate to how I'm feeling and as I'm writing this, I am already feeling a little calmer ;-)

Just wondering what other people do to get through a panic attack?

Any suggestions are really welcome thank you in advance x

P.S Frozen jaw? Is this a normal symptom of a panic attack/episode?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have panic disorder after I had 2 full blown panic attacks in April then I had started having loads in a day anyway what I tend to do is just breath through them until that fear and adrenalin goes away and just tell my self they won't hurt me it will go hope yah feeling better🙂

• Posted

Cheers Luke ...

It freaks me out more when I am laying in bed when it happens ...

It's worse at night don't you think?

• Posted

The frozen jaw is tmj. You are having severe anxiety.  Love you are okay. It is an adrenaline rush and it will pass. You need to do deep belly breathing. Belly expands when you breathe in and flattens when you breathe. Stop all thoughts and only breathe for two staright minutes. No no no other thoughts allowed. Only calm calm. Thats it. This will pass. It is but a mal function and you are a safe. You are safe. Then out on a mediatation and focus on it. The trick no thought allowed. They are wrong thoughts and tricks. Deep breathe now and allow no thoughts in.
    • Posted

Learn mindful exercises theres an app for it.
    • Posted

Thank you Lisa, thou what is TMJ... ? ;-) Thank you so much... I'm trying really hard to relax ...x feeling tired but waiting for this to pass completely before I try and go back to bed ..

I feel like I have a big knot on my

Chest! xx

• Posted

It's ok I know what TMJ, just googled ;->wink)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.