Having a really rough time

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone 

My anxiety and OCD has been so out of control lately and I don’t know why?! 

It’s taken over my whole life. My ocd is mostly constant intrusive thoughts about going crazy and getting a psychosis or other horrible mental disorder. 

It’s just debilitating. I feel like I’m losing it. Any advice ( I also unfortunately have an intolerance to AD’s and the likes)?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have a physical OCD thank goodness. My mind goes crazy enough without having a mental OCD. Mine consists of things being straight & aligned perfectly. Sometimes I really hate it because it will try to keep me up at night. For the past couple years I've been doing meditation during the day when I catch myself getting a bit rambunctious at straightening things (like using a level to make sure the bed spread was straight at the floor. Yes I did. Lol) but at night when I can't get my mind to stop wondering is this straight or is that out of wack I start telling myself "I will not dream of puppies" over & over & within a few minutes I fall asleep. Don't know if my trick will work for you but it can't hurt to try.

• Posted

Thanks you for replying! I’ll give it a try. OCD is a b***h!
  • Posted

Hi Missy i have OCD big time and i did not even know i had till a few months ago, you see i have a whole string of illnesses and they are all linked, and it was not till i completely fell apart an ended up in hospital that i found out inhad all this problems, i thought i was going mad, i have depression, anxiety, ibs, bdd, eating disorder , severe migraines, and ocd and a new ipd, but it all started with my mum she was an absolutely clean freak and everything had to be perfect, not just the house but us, and then it went on to our career, and our relations or lack of, till i could take no more and had a breakdown at 14, and thoughts of suicide , but my whole life has been traumatic, but also very interesting, there has been very massive highs and lows, loads of doctors and hospitals, never a dull moment, people thinking i am crazy , but i am 54 now and it has taken its toll , it did come crashing down, and my mind and body crashed, i was put on heavy medication did not work made me worse, so now i am at the CARA group, and it is fantastic, i am improving every day, and things are finally looking up, so i believe with what has happened to me, there hope for everyone X 

• Posted

Hi MISSY i just poured my heart out to you and there was nothing wrong with it, i really hate it when they will not let it go through, i did not upset anyone, or tell people their job, i harm myself or other, and it angers me, because it took me so long to do it and i have read the terms and conditions and there was nothing in there  i did wrong x
  • Posted

Your welcome it was a shame it was all about my ocd and how i got it, i have both the mind and the one where everything has to be perfect, but i have lots of other symptoms that all relate to this, depression , anxiety, ibs, eating disorder, bdd, severe migraines, but there are all linked, i could go on but like i said i am not sure if it will go through, i am surprised because i have helped so many on this forum , you only have to look at my profile to see what i have been through and how i have helped others, also i have a long line of followers on my private message page, but i hope you get the help you need, take care, i am now getting brilliant help after what i have been through and i am now on the road to recovery, take care god bless xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.