Having a rough time

Posted , 1 user is following.

I don't know what has caused this latest blip in my treatment on Fluoxetine. I'm not having highs and lows...they are long gone after 6 years on this damn drug.

It feels like someone has removed my brain and replaced it with straw. It could be that the 1st anniversary of my Dad's death is coming up next month or the physical pain with my pelvis, spine and neck are particularly acute.

Think i'll have to go back to my ever faithful counsellor and try and find a reason.

I hate this horrible illness.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What is your problem wih your pelvis, spine and neck?

My diagnosis is osteo spondylosis and functional weakness. The

Pain from these is so very depressing. Plus the anniversary of my aunts death

Is coming up next week. But I have just gotten off the dreaded Citropram. And do not intent to go back on it.

I cannot speak t a councillor as functional weakness (similar to TIA) has taken my voice.

Anyone know a councillor who e-mails or chats on line?

• Posted

Hi Beverly

Thanks for your reply. I've never really had a proper diagnosis as to what caused my physical problems. About 22 years i foolishly slid down a mountain (1500ft) with a backpack on. I have being visiting a chiropractor since September who was the 1st 1 to take xrays. My spine is out about 6 degrees 1 way and my pelvis about 5 degrees the other way. He says my muscles are being stretched to fit my twisted frame.

Having had depression for 6 years, on medication, really hasn't helped as my nights are restless and painful. Its more comfortable sitting down than lying down and i twist in my sleep.

I know when the pain is acute it has a grinding down effect but on top of this my brain cannot work out the simplest tasks and goes into blurry and panic mode.

I have just made an appointment with my counsellor so will see what comes outof that meeting on Weds.

• Posted

Let me know how Wednesday goes.

I am going to a hospital for that sort of diagnosis on 6th February.

Mine was caused by car accident10 ton sude swiped me off of motorway in 2006.

I've got increasily worse since. I cannot sleep on my back since accident. Take care

Good luck.

• Posted

Ouch - yours not your fault - mine was but never thought i'd have such painful repercussions. Pelvis 'went' both sides when on holiday a couple of years ago and couldn't stand up straight for the whole of the 2nd week despite visiting an osteopath. Had been seeing osteo's for many years plus having reflexology, cranials etc but only temporary relief.

Good luck with your hospital appointment. The trouble is, there don't seem to be any experts in this field. I've had so many diagnosis's and they all say something different - who do you believe?

My sister has been through the same process - 1st fybromyalgia then ankylosing spontilitis but the so called experts don't really know.

I also fell in the ice 4 years ago and landed on my shoulder - my bones are really tough. I sometimes wish i'd broken something and it would have healed by now.

Best wishes and i hope the pain eases for some of the day. x

• Posted

Oh and i've had blood tests for every conceivable possibility. The doc (via my osteopath) was going to refer me to a hospital rheumatologist (why are all these words so hard to spell) but my chiropractor said that was a waste of time and the doc agreed. Quite often with problems like ours, there isn't a test for it as such, just tests to eliminate what it isn't - its so frustrating....but you know that already!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.