Having a sleep deprived EEG and not been told anything

Posted , 3 users are following.

All letter says is don't go to sleep before 12 and get up at 3am, important fall asleep.

No idea of what the test involves or what will happen if I don't sleep, so am terrified and hoping someone can help with one or both parts of this question

1 like, 38 replies

Report / Delete

38 Replies

• Posted

I have had one of these done. I was scared most of the night bc i was afraid i would seize up and no one was staying up with me. Distract your mind with something and just dont fall asleep. It will make the entire test invalid. They are trying to push you to the edge to see activity at its worst. Im sorry your going through that if ivwas with u id watch out for u. I had another seizure yesterday and i was alone scariest feeling in the world.
    Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up