Having Acid Reflux. When i taking medicines, it goes away but comes back as soon as i stop.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Having Acid Reflux. When i taking medicines, it goes away but comes back as soon as i stop.

Taking care of my diet but not much help.

I have read somewhere that cabbage juice help.Does it really help?

Is any other remedy which can help.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey Anungin, I have read and know people that take apple cider vinegar and it has helped and that is because you don't have enough acid in your stomach. I had a procedure done called Linx because I had an issue with something in my digestive system. Do yourself a favor and get of the PPI meds. They will do nothing but harm you. I had the surgery done 3 years ago and haven't had to take any meds since. The surgery was the only thing that was able to help me.

• Posted

hi jason

i also had the linx procedure done a year ago and im in the exact same possition if i miss an ometprozel i get heart burn straight away,

how long did it take to come off your meds?

many thanks

james

• Posted

I came off my meds the day after surgery. it should take effect immediately. I would go back and see your doctor. there is a good chance you might have a hernia or the linx size was too big and might need another one. I actually had both issues arise. i had it done and i got a hernia few months later, got it fixed, few months later got another herina, got it fixed then about a year later they put a smaller linx on. It should work right away so I would talk with whoever's did your surgery and state that it's not working. good chance they will have to go back in and correct something.

• Posted

that sounds about right and exactly what your saying as felt like it was working then few months after surgery i had a sickness bug so could of gave myself a hernia then as not been right since!

glad your seeing the benifits and thanks for the advice

• Posted

I also looked into the LINX device. It appears that the FDA approved it mainly because so many people were desperate for a new treatment for acid reflux. However, I see no way for it to stay in place. It needs to remain close to the stomach to be effective. But, it can roll upward and will not be effective. There were also complaints that patients could always feel the device. Others felt the need to swallow hard to get food through. A simple xray or scan will tell you if it is out of place. Unfortunately, this device seems to require regular surgeries to remain effective.

There is also a condition called acid revenge which occurs when a person stops taking a PPi drug. The stomach begins making much more acid than normal and it can take months before it returns to normal production. You should wean off of them slowly over a period of 3 months. Organic low acid olive oil and vitamin E can help. Marshmallow tea can help the stomach to rebuild the protective coating of the stomach.

• Posted

I agree LINX procedure is a bit hit and miss, may work on for one and vice versa. If the body inside reject foreign object, LINX erosion will happen.

Three procedure you do some reading .

1. LINX
      2. Stretta
      3. fundoplication full/partial

Do have pros and cons.

You may also find other procedure that got bad long term result or too young.

I really hope more investment and research happen in this weak LES and Hernia issue. Must be better way to fix it using human tissue or somethings to make the LES stronger.

• Posted

thanks just been reading up stretta very interesting

but not sure if they can do now i ha e had the linx done

running out of options cant really dee myself having the time off work and recovery for them to re opp them it could happen again

• Posted

Ok, you had linx done. You just need to chew well and eat slowly.

Should be fine as long follow the linx guide.

Good health and life.

• Posted

Jazz, you are exactly right. I find myself having a hard time swallowing if I eat to fast or take big bites. I sometimes forget that I have the linx in and sometimes I have to throw up and start over eating again. Sometimes sucks but I don't know where I would be if i didn't get the surgery. The one thing they tell you after surgery is to eat every so often to exercise the Linx and if you dont, you'll be able to tell because it will be hard to swallow. But it does work from the day they put it in. And anyone that gets the surgery "FOLLOW THE RECOVER PERIOD GUIDE LINES". The first time I had it done I went out the next day after surgery and bought a boat and all the strain I produced on myself caused a hernia to form and the surgery was useless. Got that fixed and they adjusted the linx and since then I have had not issues with reflux.

• Edited

ENT just told me they are getting away from medicine to rid of reflux. he told me about Gaviscon- UK VERSION. its a chewable tablet made from seaweed. the tablet (it also comes in liquid) apparently creates a foam barrier overt the content in your stomach which keeps the acid from rising up. its well received for treating reflux. you have to buy on amazon as the UK version is better than us and bot sold in our US stores. look it up and ask your ENT or GI about it. I also take pepcid. I pray you get well soon!

ps i got it next day via amazon prime

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.