Having anxiety attacks randomly throughout the day

Posted , 3 users are following.

It started this morning on my way to work I just started having an anxiety attack. Then after being at work for about 30 mins I felt a sharp pain in the middle of my chest and started panicking again having an anxiety attack felt like I was boxed in at my little cubicle like I was claustrophobic. Eventually I calmed myself down. Then I got my kids from their grandparents and came home and I was okay for a little while then after about an hour or so I went upstairs to lay down I was exhausted after having panic attacks all day and was afraid of having another one. Then after a while I came back downstairs and made dinner, felt an anxiety attack coming on but again just tried to put my focus more so on making dinner and it went away. Then my husband came home from work, I finished up dinner, we all ate then I went upstairs again in fear of having another anxiety attack and my husband is less than supportive of these episodes, and I felt pain in my chest and started having another anxiety attack, I grabbed a zantax but didn't take it just calmed myself down, but I'm still holding onto it and every now and then I get a pain in my chest then it goes away because I keep trying to focus on me being okay rather than me  having a heart attack and dying. I'm so afraid of those two things its constantly triggering these attacks. I panic because I am overweight and I think  that everything is wrong with me. I've been to my primary doctor and she ran all kinds of blood tests n said I'm fine. I panicked so bad in November I went to the ER only to be told again that even though I'm overweight,  I'm 27 and too young to be having heart problems and they did ct scans a chest xray and an ekg and found absolutely nothing. Sometimes I feel pain in my neck and I feel a fullness in my throat, this anxiety problem is miserable, there is nothing anyone can do and I'm scared all the time. I don't know what answers I'm looking for from here but I don't have anyone else to talk to so at least expressing my feelings to a group of people who are experiencing the same thing and understand how hard this is to deal with, makes me kind of feel better. But are these normal symptoms for anxiety attacks. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If your docter says you are all right them believe him. If you want more assurety for your mind, just visit a cardiologist. You can follow the thread "health anxiety" on this portal where there are many others with same problem as yours. Reading their eexperiences will surely hel . And yes, these symptoms are that of anxiety.
  • Posted

Its extremely common for people to panic when (or if) they will have another panic attack after the first panic attack they ever had. It's a vicious cycle, you are afraid to have an attack which causes an attack, yes these are anxiety attack symptoms. Listen to what your doctor has to say, if the test came back good, then they are. I'm sorry your husband isn't very supportive of this, it's hard for people without anxiety to understand it feels. If you need a chat private message me. 
  • Posted

You need to speak to the people closest to you to get full support and I see you have had medical advice.  Read the blogs on here they all very similar.  Dont alienate you family.  There is a list of symptoms too in one of the blogs, all of what you are experiencing is listed.
  • Posted

Thank you all so much for your support and advice. It is a vicious cycle and it's extremely difficult to make people who are closest to you understand what you are going through when then they don't experience the same things. Although I have told my parents and they are very understanding and supportive it's still troublesome that I can't get that from my husband. But let's pray that today will be an attack free day, it's exhausting. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.