Having Anxiety! Please help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I recently wrote on here about having bad anxiety. When I have anxiety I get a swollen dry feeling in my throat. Almost like there is a lump there of some sort! I have a pretty big fear of vomiting. Which some of those symptoms are similar before you vomit.

I guess what my question is, is how can I tell the difference between getting sick and just having anxiety! I think I have a fear of not knowing which is which! Does anyone else have this problem and what I can do? Thanks!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

A dry mouth and a lump in the throat feeling is a common symptom of anxiety so if you're feeling anxious it is probably anxiety causing it rather than sickness.

• Posted

I think when u have anxiety problems u pick up on any little thing that you experience.  I know I do. 
  • Posted

Hi Sam! That's a big problem with us anxiety sufferers, we notice every little thing going about with our body. We are so sensitive, and it's hard not to. As per my experience, dry mouth happened whenever i was in a panic mood. Ice cubes helped and some pre-sliced fruit. You just have to eat in small portions gradually. It helped me before, i hope you get a good result too

• Posted

Thank you so so much! How did you know the difference? smile

• Posted

The symptoms just faded away. Coz if it didn't, then i would have myself be brought to the hosp at once smile

• Posted

How can I tell the difference in my throat between anxiety and throwing up?

Thanks for all your help!!!❤️

• Posted

Hard to answer that smile. I'd rather leave that question to some experts in this site.

Coz as for me, i don't differentiate any discomfort anymore. If it's chest pain, i never think of it as a possible heart attack anymore...don't want to think of the difference between the two. It will just add up to my already anxious situation.

• Posted

there is  a condition which entails a fear of vomiting linked to the anxiety spectrum.  Many anxieties are physiologically led.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.