Having Bell Palsy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

When I was diagnosed with Bell palsy I completely fell apart. I had been stressed out for a month dealing with class, work, fulfilling the requirements of my scholarship and rehearsing for a show that I was in. I was told that it was something that can go away in a week or last for 3-6 months, and time was not in my favor. As the weeks drew on i found myself getting more and more depressed. I felt helpless and rarely found any comfort in looking at support forums. But after 2 months I found a bit of movement returning. I surrounded myself with comfort and support from friends and family, and ate healthy. Day by day i found myself regaining more and more movement and I was finally finding a light at the end of this horrid tunnel. By 3 months i was able to smile, and i found myself mostly recovered at 5 months. It was the hardest months of my entire life but I learned a lot about myself, and learned what was most important to me, and who cared for me. I'm here to say it will be a long journey but you WILL get better. You are NOT alone, and you WILL be able to smile again. I hope for the best to those of you who were recently diagnosed, and wish for a speedy recovery. I hope my words were able to offer you some comfort.

Thanks 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Nizeb.....this is my 2nd bout of BP. The last time it was on my left side 2 1/2 years ago. I still have residuals from that side, but not bad. This time it's been a month now into it, you can see my other posts on this time around and all the trouble I had with my eye this time, much more Worse than the last time!! The pain in back of the head was unbearable for 3 weeks, and my lid is actually almost closed!!! Again, Much quicker results than the last time. This is Why I think it's getting better quicker as well....I read so much about Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI and Alpha Lipoic Acid (both in one capsule) on the internet, it repairs damaged nerves and much more!! Taking 2 caps 2x per day as the bottle says. And you can get them at Wal Mart! Also been taking lots of vit C, and the B Complex and the B-12 as suggested with Bells. Oh and I had Acupuncture 2x. I quit going because of the expense. But I believe the Vits worked more than anything! I hope Other readers see this post on the ALC and ALA combo capsules. You will be surprised! Getting back to the ear and back of head pain, had Not had any of that now for over a week!!

• Posted

Hi jerry04693, how are you recovering?  Are you completely healed?  I'm on my 4th month with more movement on cheeks only.  I want to close/blink my eyes and move my top and bottom lip, and nose as well.  I wanna try the Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI and Alpha Lipoic Acid i bought it in Walmart, hope it helps me as it helped you. Regards!

• Posted

Thank you for your story. I was diagnosed 30 hrs ago. I'm so scared and feel like a freak. This is affecting me mentally and understand time and patience is necessary. I only hope I recover

John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.