having big belly

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey everyone please anyone with idea of what is wrong with me after last month i was tested for H pylor bacteria infection  which causes gastric ulcer i was placed on antibiotic for 2weeks which am still feeling the same pain now i begin to have big Tommy anyone with idea of what could caused that

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

• Posted

Hi kel73732

Have you finished the course of AB's?.....if so your gut will still be sore it will take some time for it to feel normal as the HPylori will have ravaged your gut...to help yourself you have to be kind to your gut and not eat spicey,acidic, fried foods also citric fruit and fizzy drinks..take probiotic tabs for a good gut flora and biopot yogurts with cultures and water.... no junk...... take chicken, fish, some meat fruit and veg not too much sprouts, cabbage and brocolli as causes gas.....also sometimes not all the HPylori is eradicated after the course of AB's.m.so if you have finished the course go back to your doc for a HP test to confirm all the HP is all gone......best wishes...

• Posted

thanks so much lilian i have question oplease if am right course of Ab's is the antibiotics i was mearnt to take for 2 weeks right? and also which probiotic tabs can you please recommend for me to take hope to hear from you soon thanks 

• Posted

another thing please i do hut the gym to do exercise i hope this wont affect me also? thanks...
    • Posted

Hi kel73732

Yes AB's (antibiotics for 2 weeks). ..you can take any probiotic tab from the pharmacy perhaps the assistant can recommend for you or you can buy online.....also take vit D if you are deficients ask doc to check because low vit D can cause gastric problems... exercise is fine but don't overdo it not too intense.....best wishes....

• Posted

thanks so much,  so i can take the Probiotic after i finished with the AB's correct?

• Posted

Hi kel73732

There are probiotics you can take while taking AB's...but i would wait until you complete the course of AB's then take the probiotics.....hope all goes well with you..best wishes...

• Posted

Leave 3 hrs before you take probiotic after abx.

use a good make l8ke Biocare Udos or Lamberts.

keep a pure diet no sugar yeast or too many carbs as these feed the bad bacteria and drink plenty of water.

take care x

• Posted

hey RVF how are you doing thanks for your response please after i finished the abx can i still continue with the probiotic or is there any other things i need to take because am still having the same stomach ache i believe may be because am still taking abx am i right on this one thanks....
  • Posted

hey Lilian i believe you had a nice day please can i take the Vit D while taking AB's or i have to complete it first?

• Posted

Hi kel73732

Before you take vit D have your Vit D levels checked with your doctor...if your levels are ok there is no need to take it..only take Vit D if you are vit D deficient....best wishes....

• Posted

hey lilian how are you doing thanks for your response please after i finished the abx can i still continue with the probiotic or is there any other things i need to take because am still having the same stomach ache i believe may be because am still taking abx am i right on this one thanks....
    • Posted

Hi kel73732

Yes take the probiotic when you have finish course of antibiotic.....also your gut will still be sore so stick to the diet i have already described......best wishes....

• Posted

thanks so much please another question so to bother you please for how long can i take the probiotics for ?

thanks

• Posted

Hi kel173732

You can take probiotics forever to keep a good gut flora, our stomach always need good bacteria for good stomach health and health in general...best wishes..

• Posted

hi Lilian am here again how are you please i have finished with the Abs which i have started taken probiotic and yogurt everyday but still having this pain though not like before though but yesterday when i finished it eaten i was having like a burning stomach could that be because of the gut soar please enlightenment me 
    • Posted

hi Lilian am here again how are you please i have finished with the Abs which i have started taken probiotic and yogurt everyday but still having this pain though not like before though but yesterday when i finished it eaten i was having like a burning stomach could that be because of the gut soar please enlightenment me 
    • Posted

Hi kel73732

Yes your stomach lining will still be a little inflamed and sore you have to give it a little more time to heal. What did you eat yesterday when you had the burning?

• Posted

i had bread and egg and can i still continue with the probiotic? and atimes i wont feel like eaten anything like no appetite 
    • Posted

Hi kel73732

While your stomach lining is still sore try eating gluten free bread...and yes you can continue with probiotics for good. You have to give your healing process time it will not happen overnight. Follow the diet plan i gave you initially.....best wishes...

• Posted

okay thanks i ll do that i have a tab the doctor gave me sometimes ago to use before i left back to my country Rabeles 20mg one per dayi stopped it then when i couldnt see changes  i still have it here with me can i still use that together with the probiotic or i should only stick with the probiotic and follow the diet plan 
    • Posted

its Rabeprazole. i guess just that its been written in turkish but this is what i read about it The causative agent is Rabeprazole. RABELIS 20 mg Enteric Coated Tablet reduces the amount of acid produced in the eye . Reduction of stomach acid, ulcers (peptic ulcer) in the stomach, intestines and food ducts heals and relieves pain. It is used in the treatment of patients who are diagnosed with active gastric ulcer and active duodenal ulcer, ulcerative gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD), inflammation of the erosive food duct (gastrointestinal damage to the food borne). At the same time RABELIS, Treatment of other conditions involving excessive gastric acid, such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome; destruction of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori in patients with stomach and twelve finger ulcer or chronic gastritis; Helicobacter pylori infection is also used in the treatment and prevention of gastric and duodenal ulcers caused by infection.
    • Posted

Hi kel73732

Now you have completed the course of antibiotics for HPylori there is no need to take Rabelis now...just continue being kind to your stomach, taking the probiotics and eating non spicey, greasy foods, fizzy or acidic drinks......it will take time, be patient.....my best wishes to you..

• Posted

Hi kel73732

You could also try Mastic Gum tablets that come from a shrub grown in Turkey and around the med.......google it and read up on it....a friend of mine swears by it as she had an ulcer and is gine now....you can still take with probiotics.....best wishes.....

• Posted

Hi Lillian I already ordered for the mastic gum for how many weeks should I take it for with the probiotic is there any side effect when taking it ?
    • Posted

Hi kel73732

You can take probiotic with mastic gum..Read the instructions or leaflet on how to take mastic gum....also eith the PRObiotics eat PREbiotics..such as raw garlic, raw or cooked onion, jerusalem artichoke, raw asparagus, bananas,, plain yogurt add exotic fruits , cheese and kefir....you don't have to eat all of these foods just some of your choice each day if possible....

• Posted

Hi kel73732

Only eat the yogurt , banana and veg of the PREbiotics as the onion and garlic and cheese may irritate your gut......best wishes....

• Posted

hi Lilian how are you doing thanks so much i can tell you am getting better now than before but i was a able to get a mastic gum tablet from you name Mastica but the prescription says (take 4 capsules before bed with water for 4 weeks then 2 capsules a day as a maintenance dose. Do not exceed stated dosage) but please can you explain this for me i don't really understand it so i won't take over dose and also can i take it with probiotic thanks

• Posted

Hi kel73732

Take the mastica as instructed on the prescription 4 with water at night before bed for 4 weeks....then 2 a day as a maintenance dose is fine. Take your probiotic with your lunch... and the 2 a day mastica 1 with breakfast and one with evening meal.....that should be fine..so pleased you are feeling better....my very best wishes to you...

• Posted

Hi kel73732

Take the 2 mastica maintenance dose together both at night same as you would do the 4 at night...you have to take them after your food has digested......and take the probiotic with lunch......best wishes...

• Posted

hi Lilian Happy new year hope you enjoyed your xmas and the new year break please i completed the bottle of the Mastika supplement today which makes 4 weeks but still have the stomach pain and also stomach burning after eating do you still advice i should continue with the mastic gum tablet though i have another bottle different brand though and i also i got a ginger tea can i always take that also because i dont want to go for endoscopy test for now its too expensive for me what do you advice please thanks will be waiting to hear from you
    • Posted

Hi kel73732

Continue with the mastic gum but take on an empty stomach about 1 hour before breakfast and hour before evening meal. Do be careful what you are eating nothing spicey, fried or fatty no fizzy drinks or citrus fruits. You do have to eat a non-acidic foods that wont irritate your gut as well as taking the mastic gum.....my best wishes to you..hope 2018 is better for you...

• Posted

thanks so much how about the ginger tea can i stil continue taking it it contains (ginger lemon and peppermint leave) i read is for digestion and also i still take the probiotic while taking the mastic gum is that okay also thanks
    • Posted

and mores have been careful with what i eat though and the only drink i takes is ice-tea, limonita and yogurt
    • Posted

Hi kel73732

I would stop taking the ginger lemon and peppermint it is rather acidic it will make acid reflux worse....just drink water and warm milk with organic honey take something not so acidic. Stay on your healthy eating and make sure you now take mastic gum on an EMPTY stomach at least an hour before meals.....best wishes kel73732...

• Posted

Hi kel73732

Yes still take probiotics with food...

• Posted

okay thank you i will stop drinking that the mastic gum am taking it when i want to sleep does that mean anything or it had to be before meal
    • Posted

Hi kel73732

Take one an hour before breakfast and an hour before bedtime if you wish, thats fine, but make sure your stomach is relatively empty so the mastic gum can work on your stomach lining.....take your probiotic with the biopot yogurt as the both contain good stomach bacteria.....best wishes kel hope it goes well for you....😊

• Posted

hi lilian am confused smile sorry the mastic gum says 500mg per one and i should take 2 per day does that mean i should take 1 in the morning before meal and 1 in the evening before meal or i can just take the 2together before meal either night or morning
    • Posted

Hi kel73732

If you look at the back of the container it says the mastic gum 'supports the stomach lining' ....this is why you have to take on empty stomach so the mastic gum can make contact with your stomach lining so therefore:-

(1)...Take 1 x 500g l hour before breakfast

your stomach will be empty before breakfast. The mastic gum can then make contact with your stomach lining.

(2)....Take 1 x 500mg before bedtime..by this time your stomach would have digested your food from evening meal leaving your stomach empty.....again the mastic gum can make contact with your stomach lining because your stomach will be empty.

Do this every day.....continue to eat healthy non spicey fried or fatty foods or anything acidic which will irritate your stomach lining and make it sore and cause acid reflux.

Continue with probiotics take with biopot yogurts which also have good gut bacteria......i hope this is clear to you now kel...my very best wishes to you...

• Posted

yes i understand very well i hope to share the good news with you very soon
    • Posted

hi Lillian how are you today i am still on my mastic gum please and i think am getting better but something that is giving me concern if i finished i start having burning stomach or if i try lying down but i noticed if i take youghurt i feel relieved what do you i do can i take antacid? thank you
    • Posted

hi Lillian how are you today i am still on my mastic gum please and i think am getting better but something that is giving me concern if i finished i start having burning stomach or if i try lying down but i noticed if i take youghurt i feel relieved what do you i do can i take antacid? thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.