Having big toe joint replacement ,right foot on Friday

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I'm having joint replacement surgery on Friday and again on my left foot big toe in Oct. Has anyone had both done three months apart.

Thanks, Vinnie

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello..I had a joint replacement end of March on my left foot...I was very apprehensive about it...but was much better than I thought!  Had to sit still for first 2 weeks and did as I was told!!

i have been on the fells for about 6 weeks now, ..just have to respect it and take care of it! I will have my second one in the next month.. wishing you a speedy and careful! Recovery...PATIENCE is worth it..

• Posted

Hello Loraine, Thank you for the reply. I have been reading that some doctors like to have you up walking more sooner than later. My post-op instructions says no weight bearing for the first week. I'm most definitely not going to rush this recovery because I want to make sure I do it right. I don't want to still be in pain come Oct. when I have the other foot done. I hope your second surgery goes well.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks again!

Blessings

• Posted

Hi...I had a very careful and excellent Surgeon and he was adamant that for the first 2 weeks only stand for 5 mins in every hour! The physio didn’t quite agree! But I trusted him as he was number one in his field and sure it paid off! Hardly any swelling at all!  My husband is I GP and he was insistent that I follow what he said! 

I think your new joint let’s you know anyway! I then found a great physio, who after 8 weeks told me that the joint was part of me and accept it!, good advice ! As I think it seemed an alien to me! My new hip was accepted as I couldn’t see it! But we look at the new bit every day!

all good wishes!

• Posted

Hello Loraine, My surgery went well yesterday. Surgery was at 8am and I was home before noon. I kept my foot elevated all yesterday only getting up 5 minutes each hour to walk on my heel followed by Ice 20 minutes each hour. Dr. Said just ice the first 24 hrs. I don't have any swelling just a little sore. Im using a cane which works good for me. So all in all I'm just going to be patient and take it easy. I see my Dr. on Tues for follow up. Going to try sleeping today..not much last night.

Blessings

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.