Having constant gas buildup and feeling bloated with nausea

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, just a week ago I began experiencing constant bouts of feeling very bloated and gassy for no clear reason and it won't go away, along with feeling extremely nauseous and bowel habit changes. I can go from having regular bowel movements to constant diarrhea or very thin stool. I haven't noticed any blood in the stools or otherwise. I'm only 36 and as far as I know, there isn't a hereditary case of cancer on either side but I'm not in the best of health and the thought of polyps and cancer with these types of symptoms has gone through my mind. I'm aware it could possibly me many things like colitis, Crohn's, IBD, etc. The last symptom is the strangest. I constantly deal with severe itching and burning of the rectum. I've never had an std and im not sure what it could stem from. Any body make any sense of it? thanks very much

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hi, did you go to your GP ? its best to get test first like stool and blood test , it sounds like you are suffering from Low stomach acid, but i would say go and get checked. other thing what you can do is buy hci with pepsin and before eating a chicken or steak or any meat take one tablet, after eating if you are still burping or burning in stomach you should see gp if you have no burping or any discomfort at all , you are definitly strugling with low stomach acid as you just taking stomach acid supplement

• Posted

Hi robert31834

Keep a food diary to check if certain foods may be causing the gas build up, such as spicey or fried foods and veggies such as sprouts and broccoli. Also fizzy drinks and alcohol. Try the food diary and see if there is a correlation between the food you eat and your symptoms. You may need to change your diet perhaps change to gluten and lactose free foods, but try food diary first. You can buy over the counter medication such as 'windeze' for gas build up...

• Posted

Thank you all for your advice, I really do appreciate your time. I haven't been able to check with my GP as I'm in the process of moving out of state and I'm hoping to get a new GP established within the next week of possible, otherwise I might try an urgent care place as a last resort. I've also noticed a weight drop of 7 lbs. in 2 days and no idea why, which is worrying but trying to stay calm and focused. Really sick to my stomach and in a bit of pain as far as being achy all over especially in the abdomen. Not eating much right now because of how my stomach is at the moment. I don't have the money or insurance to pay for a colonoscopy but hopefully I can just do a blood and stool sample check. Again, thanks to everyone for your wonderful support and a very Merry chrostmas!😁💗

• Posted

In your condition you should not wait. Go to the nearest hospital E/R. They must diagnose and treat you even if you have no insurance and cannot afford to pay.

• Posted

Hi Robert, I had to deal with the same thing for 6 months. But it was due to anxiety, idk if your a mary j patient or if your a user, but it links to anxiety problems(experience myself). If anxiety induced all your symptoms wouldnt be regular, your be looking around your back. Just stuff like that. Just try and drink alot of water, workout and find an activity to keep your mind right. Dont drink pop or high fat foods either.

• Posted

Burning can be acid if food goes through too quickly, itching can be down to poop still being in the rectum. If you get some wipes and use your finger underneath them, you can usually remove the excess and relieve the itching. It sounds like you have IBS, so speak to your doctor about this and ask about alverine and also for the excess gas try deflatine. Why people jump to the conclusion of cancer as a reason for their stomach problems before so many other much more common and likely reasons is beyond me. You are still young, it doesn't run in your family, you have very common symptoms it isn't that strange.

• Posted

Thats very true. You cant jump too quickly to conclusions or thinking the worst. I suppose the only reason I thought that was because I've known a few people younger than me who were diagnosed and its been going on for a few days so I guess I was over thinking a bit. I never thought much about IBS even though the symptoms seem to link up but then again no-one should go by symptoms alone. With the move nearly done, and the holidays over, hopefully it won't take long to get with a new GP or worst case scenario, go to urgent care or ER. The most irritating thing is constantly feeling sick to my stomach and the abdominal discomfort as well as my bowel habits constantly changing. My stools are also changing color to like a pale green or grayish so no clue about that.

• Posted

mate you dont have IBS if you have IBS you wont able to hold your toilet too much your stool will stink and it will be very very watery . Please just read about the Low stomach acid, the biggest symptoms of that itchy rectum. IBS is a very very serious thing with no much cure, hope you dont get that dont believe people here that much go checked but you are not IBS.

• Posted

With my IBS, I mainly have constipation and rarely do I have diarrhoea or loose stools You can get both or one or the other.. My IBS is very mild but for some it can be serious. I only get diarrhoea with extreme stress. Symptoms vary from patient to patient. An itchy anus can also come from haemorrhoids common with IBS.

• Posted

So I ended up going to the ER, and from there, they took blood samples, as well as a ct scan, both which came out spotless, as the practitioner told me. But I'm waiting to get seen by a GP and see what else it really is, since I'm still dealing with the constant stool changes, built up gasses, and abdominal pain. From there, I'm not sure what might be recommended. Still worried about a colonoscopy but more the price than anything else, since I've no insurance. It could be anything gastroentestinal but I guess I'll have to wait and see when I go in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.