Having constant stomach pain and diarrhea for two weeks. Someone help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello. I am 25yr old male.I had sudden bloating and diarrhea about a month ago for about 2 weeks. I also had stomach pain which escalated as days went. I went to the doctor where he suspected a stomach infection. They did a urine test and also full blood clount which was negative for H pylori. He didn't make clear what bacteria but said it was a bacteria infection so i was put on antibiotics for a 5 days. Towards finsihing the course i started to feel better. All symtomps i had before were gone after the antibiotics. I was fine for about two days with a mild stomach ache which i figured could have been the antibiotics clearing up. A few days in i started having a burning feeling in my upper centre stomach which was very constant. It continued for about 7 more days, got worse but its less but i can still feel it. I also have diarreah with it.so i went to another doctor and i explained everything to him. The first thing he said was gastritis but with no tests. Now am on another antibiotic for 7. days. has anyone had to go through anything similar?...because its been stressing me out too much and am worried it might be something too serious. Please help.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I also forgot to mention. The test found white blood cells in my urine.
    • Posted

Well.... infection hence the count....

Gastritis is symptom not a sickness... its caused by other factors....

Do not stress it will clear in no time.... if you can avoid alcohol and smoking.... and stay positive...

Take care

• Posted

I do not partake in the alcohol nor the smoking sectors but thanks very much EdEire. I will try to keep a clear head.
  • Posted

A complete blood count test does not detect H pylori.  You would need a specfic h pylori test by stool sample, endoscopy, blood test or breath test. If you were put on antibiotics, it may be that you have gastroenteritis rather than gastrtis which is a condition which causes inflammation of the stomach lining.  Gastroenteritis is a stomach infection. 

I would go back to your doctor and get tested for h pylori since your are still symptomatic.  H pylori can cause bloating, stomach pain and diarrhoea.  For h pylori, you would need a triple course of antibiotics which are very strong.

• Posted

Thank you. I'll try to arrange for more tests. At first i thought maybe the pain was from taking the antibiotics and that i needed Probiotics after the course.Could it be?...

• Posted

Your pain may be coming from the antibiotics.  You should always take probiotics such as yoghurt after antibiotics to replace lhe good gut bacteria that the antibiotics have stripped out.
  • Posted

My mum has the centre burning pain symptoms you have, for around 9 weeks now. She was also put on antibiotics and thought it helped then it’s come back, she goes for an ultrasound tomorrow and an endoscopy next week maybe that’s what you need to see what’s causing it?
    • Posted

I was thinking the same. It would really help me sleep better at night knowing what the cause of the pain really is. I will go back to set an appointment for one. Thanks and i would really appreciate if you would let me know what they find in the ultrasound if you don't mind

• Posted

The girl doing it said to my mum she can’t see anything too worrying that someone has to check it over and to phone her gp next week for results 
    • Posted

Ok. Thanks for the your help. I hope your mum gets better ☺
  • Posted

Hi

Ditch the antibiotics, they will be making your stomach worse. Try organic oregano oil, it’s better than any antibiotic and it’s natural. Your stomach will feel better for it. 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.