Having had a moan or two on this forum, herewith some good news...

Posted , 10 users are following.

A week away from my first TRK anniversary. Its not been fun and despite two MUA's my ROM remains (and I suspect always will) at 90 degrees.

Having ridden my first motorcycle 40 years ago (54 now), I have been fairly confident throughout my TKR year that my motorcycling days were over, as my poor ROM wouldn't allow me to get my foot where it needed to be, on the footrest. A few times Ive shuffled into the garage, climbed aboard and then struggled to get off with a heavy heart and a pointless leg.

So as not to bore anyone any further (as this is somewhat of a selfish post), I bought a matching seat for my bike from a breaker and took a bread knife and saw to it, the thinking being that the further back I can get by a**e, the less bend I will need from my knee.

Last week I took the butchered seat to a local upholsterer and collected it this morning.

Just fitted it to my bike and rode it all of 5m down my drive.

A VERY uplifting and liberating moment after 12 months of TKR unpleasantness. Also walking unaided for 40 mins a day, having lost the limp, which I couldn't have done 8 weeks ago. And the sun is shining.......

Things do get better, its just hard to imagine it !!

Regards to all....

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Peter, it's amazing what perseverance & good old ingenuity can do! 🤗

Well done, it is so good to hear uplifting stories.

All the best

Marilyn 

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.