having hip problems post surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello. I am new to this forum -and this is my first post.

I joined to hopefully get some professional advice about my situation.

I had a bad motorcycle accident in 2005 and broke one of my hips.

They decided to attach metal screws in the shaft and a large screw directly into and through the neck and head of the femur. The device has been there since 2005. Since 2012 I have been having problems with the hip due to my occupation. Most notably the lumberjack work. So it is now 2023 and the hip joint problem persists and gets worse with even minor tasks. The orthopedic surgeon suggests removing the metal screws to potentially solve the problems with pain and discomfort and generally bad sensations around the area.

Does anyone on this forum know if removal of the device will solve the problem - or will it get worse..

I really enjoy my career as a lumberjack - but right now its almost impossible to continue with this hip problem.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.