having hysterectomy in september but in pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi,

?my name is cassie and i have endometriosis, i am scheduled for surgery september 11 2017. the past few weeks i have been getting really sick. here are my symptoms:

?currently on cycle but severely heavy

dibilitating cramping

diarrhea

weakness

nausea/vomiting

?cant eat but starving

dizziness

extreme fatigue

extreme bloating

severe pain during intercourse

swollen breasts

pain in legs

?severe abdominal pain and pain under rib cage

i want to wait for surgery date but should i go to hosptal just in case and let them know i am scheduled for hysterectomy due to endometriosis and no treatment has worked and the symptoms are getting worse as time goes on?

i just dont want to make a trip just to be turned away and sent home.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi a hysterectomy does not cure endometriosis.only excision surgery does.why are you having a hysterectomy any other reason,removing the uterus will not cure endo xx
  • Posted

Hi

I think it would be well worth speaking to your surgeon. There might be a cancellation that you could take. I am 5 weeks post op. I had severe endometreosis and he took eveeything including the cervix. I can honestly say its the best thing that couldve happened. You have my full sympathy as life was awful for me too before the op. My last 3 periods were horrific but im not sure if its because id got myself in such a state. Easier said than done but think of it this way, worst case scenario you only have 3 left, hopefully. I really do hope it works for you and i hope the surgery and recovery go smoothly xx

• Posted

Hi Sharon I was wondering if you had your date for surgery before your pre op because I went for my pre op 4 weeks ago and still haven't heard when my date is I've been ringing the Secretary all week with no answer is so frustrating! !!! Can you shed any light please ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.