Having kidney stone problems and when I try to be it won't come out any suggestions

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 39 year old female and I started having kidney stone problems just about 2 months ago and I am trying to get as much helpful information as possible as I really know nothing about them

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi jennyLynn sorry to hear you have stone hopefully your one of those people who only suffer once and that's it I've had reoccurring kidney stones for over 19 years have you seen a nephrologist yet. Have they offered you lithotripsy as this is the usual way they treat them. The only advice is to drink loads of water. Hope you get it sorted quickly and painlessly. All the best chris.

• Posted

Probably not best person to advise, I've had 9 weeks of hell with mine!

I found out i had one and was 10mm after severe back and groin pain out of the blue and being admitted to hospital

Ended up in three operations and two stents to sort.

Depending on size of them I suggest using fluid intake to flush them through if that's viable and regular pain relief

Had mine blasted 2 weeks ago.

Have to say thou, although they were painful it was the stents that caused the discomfort and pain, not everyone needs them

Get well soon

• Posted

Hi

Firstly we are always told to drink as much water as we possibley can to help flush them through our system.This doesnt always work,it depends on size,where they are and if they are stuck or not.If you have to go down the surgical route there are several types,just google this and you can read all about them.It is often helpful to try and catch a stone to then see which type you are producing,that way you can try and minimise a recurrence.

As someone has mentioned,quite often after the surgical route a stent will be inserted th help the flow of urine and debris,these cause some people alot of pain and discomfort.I have one in at the moment and its uncomfortable but not severe pain.

I would imagine you have seen your gp and hopefully your next appt will an urology appt.

Good luck..

• Posted

Most kidney stones are made from calcium, but not all.

They can grow slowly over a long period and might not give you any problems until they try to move down your tubes and then the pain begins.

If small enough, they may pass albeit with some pain, but larger ones may need medical intervention e.g. painkillers, tablets to slacken the tubes, sonic waves (lythotripsy) or more invasive treatment.

The medical profession would rather you passed the stoneĀ  naturally, but if the pain gets severe then do seek medical attention speedily.

Drinking plenty of water will help to flush the stone along and help to avoid the stone getting larger.

Some say that cider vinegar or lemon juice can help to dissolve the stone.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.