Having lump feeling in throat

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been plagued with this lump feeling in my throat off and on for a few months now. I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks and wonder if that's the cause of this feeling. I have some reflux too I think. Use mylanta for that. I've tried some different things like drinking lots of water, can eat and swallow. I massage my throat a lot it seems to make it feel a little better. It's a very scary feeling. Feel like I'm choking, cough and clear my throat a lot. Think about it all day and the feeling doesn't go away. Nice to see I'm not alone

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have this too and feel very scared.  I think where I have coughed and cleared my throat so much I have bruised my ribs or something.  They feel sore now?  I also feel as if I have a lot of catarrh?

I have spoken to my daughter in law and she said she had it for a year after her mum died ..... and my sister said she had it last year and it lasted 4 weeks.  Mine has lasted since New Year.  I'm trying to forget it but it's really difficult!

• Posted

Yeah I have had it off and on for a month or so but the last few days it has been constant. I am seeing my Dr thursday just want to make sure it's nothing serious. It's very bothersome and scary. I just wish it would go away. I also hope it is just this globus thing and not anything else.

• Posted

Same only mine has been for about 4 months, only one sided.. off and on every single day but gone once I lay down or wake up I don’t get what it is.. did you find anything out??
  • Posted

I had the lump feeling for over 6 months straight and then it started going away but coming back. It has been like that now for over a year. It’s caused by a hiatal hernia. You can get a hiatal hernia from constipation, straining on the toilet or lifting something too heavy. Some people have reflux with it, I don’t. I have recently developed severe chest pains that are scary and they go away with drinking a little water, but if I don’t have any water near when the chest pains start, i panic. The best advise is to be as healthy as you can be. Eat right, exercise, drink lots of water and try not to stress out. 
    • Posted

Oh and of course go get it checked to find out if that could be the problem for you. There are other things it could be too. 
  • Posted

I also have herniated discs in my neck and deg disc disease and wonder if anyone with this lump feeling also has that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.