having my op 5th lol

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi peeps i am having my op on the 5th how long will it be befor i can go back to work ???

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

A lot depends on what procedure you are having done and how- some have surgery by a minimally invasive way. I had both feet done at the same timeby traditional method in the UK - scarf osteotomy and was back at work by about 16 weeks but I had a job working long shifts on my feet at the time. If you can sit or have your feet up you may be able to return a lot sooner but I think on average its about 6-10 weeks. Have a read of a thread on this section called Hello There. It's lengthy but very helpful
  • Posted

That depends on the procedure you are having and your surgeon's after-care procedure, as well as how you respond to the surgery (i.e. if you heal quickly, or get an infection, if your soft tissue stays flexible, or gets adhered or tight).  

We can give you a general idea once we know what procedure you are getting.

• Posted

Hi, Iwork as a PA and went back to work after 5 weeks.  I had my op in May and I still limp occasionally.  My foot is still a little swollen and the big toe is still a little elevated.  I am back to wearing shoes but wear my trainers to walk in mostly.  The bunion I had removed was pretty big.  Good luck with your op
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply i had mine done naw and it's not to bad at the mo goog luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.