having panic attacks ,moody ,hyperthyroidism

Posted , 3 users are following.

i think im going mad hyperthyroidism has sent me nuts , i dont no who i am, i cant get in a car or a bus with out having panic attacks i have stoped driving too, i never get dressed, my poor family say i nag all the time, i have hit ,smashed, bin nasty, cryed, at them all, then i cant understand why??? am i the only one with this ? when i get up thay all hide as thay dont no wot mood im in,so thay say nothing but i still blow, i have had hyperthyroidism for so long i cant remember when i was nice to people?and the panic attacks i feel like i and so scared...i feel like im mad.. i am having iodine treatment on the 16 june 09 and i cant wate! im hoping it will work, i will be in my bedroom for 4 weeks as i have five kids so hubby will be looking after all the home... but im going to put on this site how i feel when i take it ,and if i change day by day!! so it may help some one! hopefully as well as me..if it workes. i found that theres not much info on people who r taking the iodine treatment.so i will start when i get back home,16 june...if there is anyone who is behaving like me i would love to hear from u as i no its a illness it would be nice to no im not alone, thanx all jen :shock:

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi jen, ive been hyperthyroid for 6 months & like you i too have mood swings. i am going through the menopause as well so a combination of both i think. my main problem is the aches & pains i have in my joints going to docs today so hopefully will give me painkillers . well take care & let us know how radioactive iodine goes as a lot of us on this forum will probarbly be offered it in the end. elaine.
  • Posted

I am only 18 but just about a week ago my symptoms started. i feel the same way with the car and have severe anxiety in it now. im afraid to leave the house. i understand. hope u get bettter
  • Posted

Hi I can relate to yr problems I was diagnosed last year after many visits to my GP being told I was suffering from Anxiety. I felt so ill anxious didnt want to go out missed and irregular heart beats which I may add really scared me. , and every other symptom possible, I have been taking Carbimazole for a year now and have a constant sore throat and still my levels are not right so I still have anxiety, its nice to know im not the only one out there who thinks they are going mad !!! I hope you all start to feel better soon be nice to know how you are getting on. Louise
  • Posted

Hi, Sorry you are having such a horrible time. I am a novice in this thyroid business, only diagnosed a few weeks ago. I Haven't had any sore throat, thank goodness but yes, the missed beats and irregular heart rate are really scarey, I really don't like this at all. I hope you feel better soon. I have had such help and support from this site so do keep in touch. There are others here who can give you support and advice and when you need a good moan, go ahead !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.