Having period again

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi I have not been on for a while had family issues but I could do with some advice from you lovely ladies my last period was 15 sept 2017 in Feb 2018 I went to see my dr as I felt I was going through the change which she confirmed I was and she said I was also suffering from depression as I had a lot going on in the family I have just came on the 17 Oct 2018 I am so tired all the time is this just what happens with the change or should I go back to drs thank you for any advice.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I am in peri and exhausted all the time too. If your last period was Sept 2017...you are post meno now. Are you seeing an obgyn? Did you mention the family stuff to that dr? I ask because I have tremendous stress with my child and I had a dr automatically say depression to me last year...BUT only after I told her about my child. I dropped that dr like a bad habit. Now, when I talk to drs I stick to my symptoms so they do not get sidetracked.

All of this goes along with your lack if hormones. Depression, anxiety, and ten thousand other issues. Some women do opt for an anti depressant if they do not want the risks of HRT. I tried Lexapro for 3 months, not for me...however...that is not say it will not help another woman.

I would see an obgyn...NOT mention your family stuff and see what they recommend. Best of luck to you!

• Posted

HI, dont worry too much as i had similar troubles and had a 7 day heavy period after 3 years of finishing !!

theyll put you on a fast track 2 week cancer check for tests to eliminate it

i had an hysteroscopy and scans all within 3 weeks

so dont worry just get checked out

its stress thats sent your body off track

best of luck

• Posted

thank you ladies for your replys

• Posted

I've not been this tired since I was pregnant. Either exausted or insomnia. Seems there's no happy sleep pattern. Cbd oil helps tremendously with most of the symptoms. Hoping there's a light at the end of this tunnel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.