Having possible scar tissue problems after 18 months TKR.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had bilateral replacement 18 months ago. One knee is doing well, the other is getting worse. It has always been the worse of the two. But lately it is really burning, pulling, and tight. My rom seems to be decreasing. The knee just feels "creepy" for no better word. I am pretty sure it is scar tissue that is getting worse. Has anyone experienced this, or had scar tissue successfully removed? My surgeon says everything looks great but there is something wrong and getting worse.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Patty, i had a TKR 14 months ago and to say it was straight forward would be a lie. now i was always waiting for the magical 12 month mark to arrive to be pain free and skipping along. my range of movement is about 100 but it still feels sore and tight when i bend it. ive done everything ive been told to do. i go to the gym 3 times a week and i would say my leg is stronger now than it was before. ive lost 10KG in weight to see if that helped. i went for my 1 year check up and the xray showed a dark area at the top of the Tibia which to the trained eye looks like a cyst. i was referred back to my consultant and after waiting 2 months i decided to see him privately. He looked at the xray and he said it looks like the replacement has shifted slightly. ive had blood tests done to rule out infection and im having a bone scan next week. The dreaded word revision was mentioned and i said this is supposed to last me 20 years not a year x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.