Having problems down below

Posted , 2 users are following.

im not sure if this is perimenoposal or wtf is going on,but am so worried ,I first went to gp in November and she said I had a fissure and gave me cream,fucidin,used for three days and had to stop I was red raw and so sore where I had used cream,since then have had redness and on and off and if anything rubs my majoria it goes red and sore even trousers,been on waiting list to see gyno for 13 weeks but told waiting tine is twenty has anyone else had this I'm so scared x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Vanessa

I have this too, have had it for almost 5 years on and off.

My was diagnosed by a dermatologist who specializes in genital skin problems. I was diagnosed with Lichen Simplex which caused burning, soreness, itching and pain when peeing and a horrible feeling that I needed to pee ALL the time. It was horrible.

The treatment was a topical steroid, a emollient cream and an emollient wash. This calmed it down but what I found to be most effective was not using any soap products down there at all, taking a bath with bicarbonate of soda in the water and Vaseline.

Vaseline was a godsend. I was putting it on before I had to pee because I acts like a barrier because urine is an irritant when the skin is sore.

For weeks I was being treated by my GP forurine infections, even though there was never any infection in the samples. It was so irritated down there that the urethra became inflamed and I had blood in my wee. But it all settled when I got on top of the skin problem.

I hope this maybe helps a little.

• Posted

Hi,thanks for the reply,I'm not to bad when I'm peeing it's more on outside of majors sorry tmi,just waiting for my appoinment,I'm so worried ,but it's just since I had that cream ,it's not nice is it,I'm just so scared in case it's something bad,I'm 47 and periods are going a bit funny,so was not sure if this was perimenopause related or not x
    • Posted

Maybe the cream was a little harsh for you and you've had a reaction.

During peri the skin get drier and its a really sensitive area and sometimes tiny cracks appear which you cant even see which makes it sore. It really does sound like an eczema type thing, and anything that causes friction, like trousers will make it feel worse.

I'm neither Dr nor expert but I don't think you've got too much to worry about but I understand that ongoing symptoms can become a concern.

My job involves a very multi layered uniform (I'm a firefighter) and when mine plays up the uniform plays havock with it but it does settle and you'll find some relief from it as well I'm sure.

• Posted

I had a fissure had it removed my rearend still burns i even have hemrroids still have to take baths at times to help my rearend feel better.

Hang in there it will be fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.