Having problems sitting any ideas please.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have LS & LP. My inner labia hasn't fused, it has completely shrunk. Have just done a month dermovate every night and now every other night for a month. During the day I use Diprobase and wear Natracare (no bleach) panty liners and I still feel so sore. It's very uncomfortable to sit and I don't want to spend my life stood or laid. Any suggestions please.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Rowley 

From my own experience I found Dermovate just too intensive a steroid. My consultant changed it to Betnovate ointment and I have to say now I use it possibly twice a week at night and the result is very good.  

The only other oil I use is organic coconut oil daily   

Also I have taken sugar and dairy out of my diet. Drink room temperature water. 

All of the above I feel is instrumental in keeping LS 👹ugly condition under control. 

Warm hug 🤗 x

• Posted

Hi, I have used Betnovate and it didn't help at all. Am happy to try coconut oil. Do I buy it at the health food shop? X

• Posted

Hi Rowley coconut oil in most supermarkets these days 

I buy organic and it is solidified but melts very quickly on touch for ease of application.  

Hope it helps x

• Posted

I find cloth pads to be a bit better and maybe just wear a skirt with no underwear when at home. 

Don't eat sugar (pop, candy, etc.) Thinking back, sugar definitely triggered flare ups, I always thought I had a yeast infection whenever I ate lots of sugar but now I know it was LS sad 

• Posted

Hi there, because we all react differently to creams you have to try different methods to find out what works for you.  My suggestion to you is to stop using the Diprobase and panty liners for a while and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes applying creams/oils every day  is NOT a good thing...I know I dont do that unless I'm flaring.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.