Having problems Urinating at night considering 2nd Turp.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have problems at night urinating get erections at night a lot can't pass water without straining getting up about every 2 hours seems when i feel urge to go bathroom it causes erections and have to strain to pee I'm taking 5mg terazosin i have took lot different alpha blockers seems this only one that helps had a Turp about 12 years ago it helped but was bad experience my urologist recommended second one maybe or should double up on terazosin but it has its side effects this is basically at night effecting sleep also seems if i eat lot sweets keeps me having urge go to bathroom and i dont have sugar anyone one experience on 2nd Turp or something that might help my experience.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

I believe a second TURP is not that unusual and might be an option. I have had 4 laser surgeries and 1 TUIP. It seems that none of the procedures are necessarily permanent.

• Posted

Check out prostate artery embolization (PAE). Had it done about 4 months ago and the results have been amazing.

• Posted

Hi David - yes the nighttime erections are a curse, and i have this problems since my uro issues began last Aug'21.

I mentioned this to my uroligst but he had no comment, or maybe just ignored it

Im trying to google why but keep getting same articles about it being normal (which it is), but its not normal for us poor sods as its to do with out uro problems

Do they occur as we are in half sleep mode and our body is trying to stop itself from urinating (or holding the urinating urge), i cant still work out why the hell it happens.

God i miss my younger days when night time erections were for altogether better understood reasons 😃

• Posted

Problems with the erection can't pass water have to strain.

• Edited

My 62 year old (highly experienced it seems) urologist explained that TURPs are not necessarily a one-time procedure if a doctor is trying to remove just enough prostate tissue to allow the bladder to empty. I had 3 TURPs since the first two didn't solve the problem so the 3rd was really aggressive and much tissue was removed but now after almost a year, things are operating correctly. It's like TURPs are considered a "maintenance procedure" to remove additional tissue as needed. I had no idea....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.