Having problems with commenting to many of you.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I just want to say I am having a difficulty with my responses. Because of this, many messages are mounting up. No fault of mine but is the devices I am using. I am not using a conceptual computer now as it is broken and hopefully to get another one. Meanwhile, I have been using my tablet but acted up with errors, clutching and who knows what else. It's is a the tablet but 3 years old. I gave up using it. Instead now I an using my cell which works fine but still the keys have to be poked. Fortunately now I just found my wand to make it easier to type. Still please understand my Delmar and I will do the best I can meanwhile. So I apologize for the delays in answering everyone who writes to me. Thanks for reading. Everyone stay well and feel good.

mel

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mel

No need to aplogise. I am quite sure that people who have replied to you, and have not got an answer, would probably not think much off it, or at least they should not.

This Forum is to get advise from a wide area and range of people. Whether they get an answer or not , should not be here or there.

So don't worry, though it is very nice that you have told people.

Stay well and all the best.

Kev  (UK)  cheesygrin

• Posted

Thanks for the contact. I am always cautious of what I do here. Meanwhile I am doing what I can and staying out of trouble. I enjoy it so much here and like to talk to many people. Yes, I dont expect everyone answer me but that is OK. I know there are thousands of posts and sometimes it is hard to find them. Thanks again and feel well

mel

• Posted

Hi mel, don't worry about it! It happens to me when I am unable to answer immediately and usually I work on the replies at night (US).

Yes, the iPad isn't the best device for the job. I never use my computer either. My favorite is the iPhone.

Hope we meet here again.

Take care.

xxxx

• Posted

Hi ellen:

How are you doing this evening? Thaks for contacting me and I do appreciate the interest that you observe of me. I try to anser all of my contacts and hopefully aestablish a meaningful relationship. Not is always the case though. Some are just to the point and goes no further but I have met some wonderful people here and established a means of back and forth communication. I type night and day or what strikes my ambition. smile It keeps me going and dont have to think of my pain. I am also using a tablet and used to be a good one too. I think I am wearing it out by typingso much. It is getting sluggish now and hangs up a little. The battery has to be charged frequently and must have done in at least 200 times. The battery will eventually have to be replaced and I dread opening up the case. The manufactuer made certain that you cannot easily replace the battery and it is extreamly hard to remove the back cover as it isglued tfrom the battery to the case. If anyone is not familiar with compters, never should they try to remove it with any force or the case can easily be cracked. Still you have to remove the battery and taking the very short tiny screws, you can easily lose them. Lo and behold if it falls in the circuitry where it can short something out. Then, poof it is bygone tablet. You also have to remove the miniature connector which is not hard to do but replacing it back you have to be very careful or you can damage the connector. The manufacturer does this so you can spend lots of money having it replaced. Why should make it easy for you to replace? You can buy the battery at an internet store for a fraction of the price, I did. So there it is my instruction on tablet batteries. Now I dont know about the ipad but I bet Applle doesn't even want you to get in there. I dont think I would try either. Thanks again for taking the time in contacting me and making me more at ease in the forum.

Have a nice night.

mel

• Posted

Hi iellen:

How are you doing. I just to say your welcome and I didnt mean to express technical stuff to you. What I need to do is to shorten my responses. The problem is that Ilike to write but sometimes I get off track. Anothing is there are quiteva number of groups but I try to stay with one or two. No matter what group if someone needs help and of urgency, then I will try my best o help somehow. I cannot answer everybody in general because there thousands out here and it would be impossibe to contact everybody. Those that do contact me, of course I will do my best to makke contact. I imagine most people here are from England and it's surrounding areas. I live in the State of Washington, USA. But it is still nice to know of residents from your Country. We are all the same in pain. Hope you have a nice day and I a nice night. Ha,at least I know the time differences. Take care and stay well.

mel

• Posted

Yes, I know what you mean and sometimes I have the same difficulty to answer in a desirable time.

i am in US and as you say, a great part of people, probably the major part are from UK and there is the difference of time.

We better be very specific on selecting the Discussions otherwise we may fail to answer the one we really have more interest- in my case GCA is basically the one however it comes always associated with PMR which brings much more discussions than just GCA and  a lot of e-mails most part of them useless for me....I feel great when I am able to help and when I cannot give any suggestion I try to say a word of encouragement. 

Hope you are managing ok your health condition. Keep in touch!😊

Take care

💜💛❤️💙

• Posted

Hi iellen:

I know our medical system differs from the UK but we all have to meet our needs.  To resolve our pain is most important as for many, it is a major concern.  No one should have to endure what we go through.  I know pain in itself can be majorly bad but each of us has to work it through whether using pain meds, or holistic ways such as massage, warm water pool, watch what we eat and keep thinking positive.  It is the negative parts that can defeat you.  I know it is the glass being half full than half empty.  Sometimes  I forget that.  Sometimes I do feel sorry for me and there is no hope.  We are allowed to think that way but not to focus on it.  Negativity is defeat and that is what I work on but I do get overwhelmed at times.  The hardest part is anyone who has to deal with is hard to tell others outside our own personal space such as here as they either will say you just complain, people have it worse than you, I am in pain also but I dont complain about it.  BULL,BULL Believe me they complain but to themselves or their doctors.  Some wouldn't even think to be here.  That would be lowering themselves and deny that  they dont need any help.  Sometimes we cry, laugh, and know that people care in our forum.  Sometimes you want to be touched, hold hands and get hugs.  We can train our minds to do this.  We are distant apart but close in other ways.  Thank God we have a system like ours.  It all has to do with one thing and that is faith whatever you believe in.  This is so profound that it becomes vital.  We have to picture this in our minds.  We get closer to people here than most other forums.  We get at the meat of things.  Now, I will step off my soap box and just say that whatever you do and believe is OK as long as it helps you and others around you.  Lets say we a comradere like in the military service where you have to trust and be trusted.  The way I write is the way I act. So, on that note, I wish you well.  Take care my friend.

mel

• Posted

Yes, I agree with you,when you say that here we are able to be closer to people than other forums do.

I hope you have a good night rest- I have been writing and forgot my - Eastern time... past midnight now...

😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.