having problems with stomach, sweating, tiredness and sleeping

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all, ive just been diagnosed with addisons disese, so all this is new to me, any help or advice will be appreciated. im 36. the main reason im on here is to try find out a good diet to help as i know nutrition is good, but i dont understand it all, as i have learning difficulties, and im eating foods and putting a load of weight on,can i be eating the wrong sort of foods, if so what should i be eating? im 5"8 and a small build, so im getting a belly on me now which is very uncomftable and embarrassing, i just feel bloated all the time and it feels like a washing machine! please help me with this as its making me really unhappy, and as ive been through hell and back the last 6 month,a bad car crash end of october, and diagnosed with addisons in february, with my sodium levels going down at 92, was in intensive care for 4day and hospital 2 weeks when i was in a crisis my crisis, i was a walking miricle as the top doctor dealing with addisons disese called me. Im also tired all the time and sweat a lot, is this normal? i also like going the gym 4/5 times a week, is this healthy for me with this problem now?, i also dont sleep very well, which makes me very tired and grouchy and unhappy, im struggling to deal with it all and need help, ive been hospital and doctors a few times, but dont understand them, as all words ive never heard of! please please help. Many thanks phil

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I tyhought I'd reply as I so wanted a reply when I post something on here - and it felt like ages before I dot one. I really hope someone more qualified than me replies to you very soon too though so you get some decent advice. I am not diagnosed but it is suspected that I have addisons and so am waiting for all my test results back- I haven't had such a horrible time as you- but have had multiple infectionns, have sleep disturbance too etc - all the things you say and more. I used to run marathons and weirdly like you , after a car crash- felt as if I had suddenly been "switched off" and couldn't do much although I still try. I have changed loads of thiongs so I still am active but now I walk lots instead- almost like I've become a different persona dn I just thought I'd got old over night. I also sweat masses at night0- and ven though logically I knew I wasn't menopausal as I still have periods I decided this was what I must be.. as my symptoms have been vague ( like they often are- it has taken ages for anyone to think of this diagnosis) - so whilst yours has been dramatic- it al least gives the doctors a good clue as to how to sort you out. However- I really reallly felt for you ready your story- it sounds horrific and really scary and the most frightening thing- when you have no idea what is going on but you are clearly so unwell- you sound very brave and courageous. I am a nurse - a d whilst the medication you are given can pt weight on- you are doing all the right things with the gym etc. I suppose , it may be that you were so unwell that also your body is still struugling to "find its normal" and so it willtake a bit of time for it to adjust and that might mean a bit of weight gain while it does this. I was given some really great advice by someone( I'll find the link on here for you too) - which was be careful re diet and foods.- they said there are a lot of people who try to make money out of others misfortune and sell various things over the internet which could actually harm  us , whilst they make money. So I'd be careful - and just be healthy, so vegetable, fish, little red meat, salds and off bits of fruit, water, herbal tea's , limit affeine, etc- all the usual healthy things. Often it seems there can be a link with other fod intolerances like wheat and gluten - so maybe try being weary of these thngs for a bit.. ? Other than that - I have read taking a hig dse Vit C with favinoids and another multiviatmin for general health can be useful- so   I have started this too.. It is hard isn't it- just grappling with anything. I was glad of the lady's advice as I felt so desperate for help, I could easily have bought some of the internetr suggestions which often are strange animal hormone derivattives- and although I am a nurse and know this is idiotic- I feel so awful sometimes - it is SOOOOO tempting- but I shan't.. so just be careful... good luck. Hope omeone better than me replies too smile

• Posted

Have you ever had a blood test for thyroid conditions? Addisons is an Adrenal gland problem and ofter people with it also have Thyroid problems. Have a look at the tpauk website. If you register you get access to lots of extra information (aka resources).

• Posted

thank you so much for your replies, given me a load of imformation, and thanks kirsten for you kind words also. and your advice on foods, when you say take high dose vit c with favonoids, what is that and how much to take? and a link with wheat and gluten, i dont even know what that is? think i need find a nutritionist to get me through all this, ive heard not have too much caffieen, sugar and other stuff, but the thing is my head cant take all of this in! also i see not to have sugar in the morning as well as bread for the weight, so what can i have for breakfast now lol as i cant eat cerial with no sugar and all i eat is bread. and the sweting thing is killing me, the last 2 times ive been out now, went the races the other week, i got so hot on the train that when i got off my shirt was soaked all the way though, and same again this weekend, i went out, next time i was soaked to the bone, what am i going to be like in the summer and on holiday? its embarrassing, just hope i dont smell of bo with it all lol. and barbara i got checked for my thyoid, as all my family have it, but i dont, i get the addison's instead sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.