Having revised carpal tunnel surgery after 4 years.

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI, new to the forum. having revised surgery on my left wrist again. The first surgery was done in 2015 because of loss of feeling in my hand . The nerve test they did came back as server. surgery went well i guess . was a slow recovery. Now i am going in tommorow for revised wrist surgery . I have very little feeling in my fingers for 4 months. I have very little communication with the surgeon about whats going on. ALL the doctors are in one office. surgeons, pain doctor i see. I have only seen once when he told me he doesnt do that type of surgery and gave me a referl to other doc, he said if they dont take my insurance to call him back and he will do it. totally confused. is this surgery worse and harder then the first? how long will i be in pain when i come home after surgery? 2 days? thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Statistically speaking revision surgery is less successful overall but within that overall group there are various subgroups depending on the reason for failure of the original procedure. Whoever is doing the revision should have a fairly clear idea of what they are trying to achieve. You can come over to my website to discuss it further if you wish - Dr J Bland

• Posted

It could be surgen's careless blading or something might went wrong . Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.