Having second knee surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

well I am getting my other knee done, first knee was done April 6 this year, I still have a lot of stiffness and soreness in my first knee, lots of aches and pain in the whole leg including that side of my back. With all this, my other knee was bad anyway but now worse.  I hope I am doing the right thing, kind of scared.  Thought I just will get it done and over with

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sending you peace and love....I am not a medical person, but from what you say, if it were my decision to make, I would get a lot of info from the professionals about your first knee before I would  tackle another bad knee.  Read all these posts on the forum.  They will help you face each issue. We all share your pain and hope for the best for you.
  • Posted

Seems often, there's no alternative! You know what to expect? Go in with positivity! We're here day and night. Best of good wishes to you.

• Posted

Hi Tennessee,

every time I have a joint replacement it's always filled with anxiety, excitement and of course I am grateful that we have the opportunity to maintain our mobility with new shinny joints. 

Pits normal to feel the way you are before surgery. 

I hope that all goes well and by the Holidays you should be doing well ready to celebrate.

• Posted

Tennessee, I think you are doing the right thing. I went the route of having them both done at the same time. Partly because of the fear of not wanting to go through it again and also because of the time I knew I'd be laid out for each one. I'm now 22 months post op and while I still have some stiffness and one knee still swells up a bit, I'm happy with it.

Keep in mind, both knees don't necissarily respond the same. I had one that was textbook and the other one was not quite so. There are others on here who've gone in for the second one, I'm sure they will be able to encourage you. When is the second surgergy scheduled for?

-Mo

• Posted

Just do it and get it done and then you can move on. Had both knees done six weeks apart. The last one was done six weeks ago. It's been hard but the alternative was worse for me. You can do it. Just press on and get it over with. Best to you. ????

• Posted

Your new knee could be sore because 1 its still healing and 2 its probably compensating for your bad leg, once they're both done your body will adjust its gait for you to walk correctly.I found that my ankles and back really ached for a while just while my body was re-aligning to a normal gait and my first knee took on the weight of my bad other knee whilst it was still healing itself!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.