having second thoughts

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband and I are going away to the Poconos in a week and a half and I am having second thoughts. First off, we are renewing our vows as we will be married a year and he and I have different ideas of how it should be handled, therefore, I am considering calling it off (renewal). Second, there are times when I can not stand to be near my husband. We do love each other, but, there are times when I want to be alone.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If the renewal of your vows is causing you this much worry, and you can't come to an agreement on how it is handled, then I think you shouldn't be doing it.  But that is just my view.  I also worry that you say you can't stand to be near him.....that doesn't sound like love to me, even though it is only sometimes.

The fact that you are writing to this forum about it worries me.  Have you anyone you trust that you can talk to? 

Is it because you are depressed that you are writing here?  I really don't understand what help you are requesting.

Have you been honest with your husband and told him how you feel?

Anyway, good luck, I hope you sort it out to everyone's satisfaction.

• Posted

Yes, I am depressed. In fact, I am depressed as I am writing this. I do get blue moods and I am on 20 mg of Citalopram.
  • Posted

Who had the idea of the vow renewal?  How long have you been married?  Would he be very disappointed if you went there just to relax & have a little vacation without all the rest of it.  You are married.  Maybe being depressed this is all too much for you.  I think most of us have times when we need to be alone.  That happens even when you are in love.

I guess you will figure it out....  PS  Heidi Klum had several renewals with her last husband.....it didn't help that marriage.

• Posted

Marie, it was my idea for the vow renewal and it will be a year towards the end of this month.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.