Having severe asthma attacks. Asthma is getting progressively worse.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I wanted to see if I could get some insight on this issue. Lately, I have been having severe asthma attacks along with constant shortness of breath ( I have to yawn to catch my breath otherwise it feels like I am suffocating or someone is sitting on my chest ) and very bad coughing with phlegm and sometimes blood. I have had asthma all my life and it used to be bad when I was little, then it somewhat subsided for a few years, then it returned recently. It got worse after I had two very bad bouts of bronchitis ( both lasting a month ) within the last 3 months. I have been having very bad asthma attacks every day now and have to take about 10 puffs of my albuterol inhaler ( ProAir brand ) everyday as well as 3 breathing treatments too on average. It is usually worse at night where I wake up multiple times wheezing horribly and feel breathless. I have almost had to go to the hospital on multiple occasions. I saw a doctor when this first started and was prescribed with Montelukast SOD 5 Mg ( Singulair ), Pulmicort, and Dulera 200 mcg-5 mcg/actuation HFA aerosol inhaler , but none of those helped me. I also tried using a humidifier too just in case, but that was also to no avail. Does anyone have an idea of what this is? My asthma attacks seem to be getting progressively worse.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I also was given Prednisone .

• Posted

Has anyone suggested Aspergillosis a fungal lung disease? This can be diagnosed firstly by sputum test? Caused by inhaling minute spores from compost, rotting leaves; indoor mould; earth; etc. Ask some questions about mould spores which can cause severe asthma which is often not able to be controlled with steroids, antibiotics etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.